Anyone heading for Mooloolaba Way in August?

Guest carolinejane

Guest carolinejane

:) Hi i was wondering who was heading and where. It takes ages to read through all the threads and as i have 1001 things to do before we head of to Australia in August i thought i would be lazy and post my own.

We are heading for the Mooloolaba area (Moutain creek, buderim, kawana island, maroochydore) the later part of August this year and was wondering if anyone heading the same way. We are Caroline 34 - a bit of everything, Laurie 41 - a plumber and Mitchell 10 and Mason 7. We have been over to Australia twice and can not wait to make it our permanent home.

I would love to hear from any of you heading this way - or other.....

Guest Davidgolf

Hi we are heading for the sunshine coast mid sept a place called Shailar Park , i have worked and lived and vist oz quite afew times as i have family that live there and like you we can not wait to get out there,have been to the places you have said they are all lovely,so yes we would like to meet up with you when we get there.

sharon and david

Guest carolinejane

That would be really nice. Feel free to pm anytime. I am unsure of the area that you mention but i have good maps so i will have a look later. I see a dog in your photo are you taking it with you??? We are taking two with us. I have just applied for their import permits

Guest katt

Hi there - I am already in Mooloolaba, have been here for 18 months now and absolutely love it!!

Would be happy to meet up when you get here - is already starting to get a bit warmer again so you have timed the move perfectly :-)

- I am Kate by the way work as a migration recruitment consultant in Buderim, OH is in sales. Feel free to PM me :-)

Guest mickandtrace
That would be really nice. Feel free to pm anytime. I am unsure of the area that you mention but i have good maps so i will have a look later. I see a dog in your photo are you taking it with you??? We are taking two with us. I have just applied for their import permits

Hi All

We will be landing in Brisbane on 3rd September and are heading for Mountain Creek/Buderim area. We also have two dogs that we will be taking with us and have just recently applied for their import permits! We are Tracey 45, Mick 46, Daniel 16. We can't wait to get out there! :jiggy:

Guest longland

we're also looking to relocate to the Mooloolaba/Kawana Island area later this year, not sure when just waiting for CO, sold the houses not much left to hold us back other than the meds.

We are Russ 34 (BDM), Maria ?? (Accounts), Pepé (14) and Nico (13) and also Toby (Golden Retriever).........can't wait!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jac yoos

Hi Maria and Russ\

My name is jaci Hughes and we have been living on the sunshine coast for a year. we live 15 mins south of mooloolaba (beautiful beautiful place) so if you need any info or any help we are really familiar with the whole area.

Life is so great here you and your boys will have a ball.

kind regards.. The Hughes. Jaci Paul Ellis 10 and Olivia 61/2

Guest jac yoos

Hi

We are the Hughes family with boy 10 and girl 7 at christmas. Feel free to pm us as we livein pelican Waters (10/15 mins south of mooloolaba and very close to kawana island. We have been here for a year and we love it. Looking forward to meeting some fellow brits..

Kind regards

Jaci and Paul Hughes

• 2 weeks later...

Angelena, James and Michael 22 months have been here since the 31st January, we live in Mount Coolum which is just beautiful. My husband is a West Ham fan and missing football terribly. I am a housewife and look after Michael who is a little handful. If anyone would like to meet up that would be great.

• 1 month later...
Guest Phil,Deb & Brad

Hi. We are on our way to either Maroochydore/Buderim or Moololaba in 6 weeks time. We arrive in Brisbane on the 16th November after spending 4 days in Singapore. We are a family of 3 being Phil, Deb and our 15 year old son Brad. We are so looking forward to it and would like to meet up with anyone in that area. By the way, is there any pubs or is it all surf clubs?

hi there,we have been in mountain creek for 5 weeks, just brought some land in buderim, we have just moved over from perth spent two years there.

Yes lots of pubs and the mooloolaba surf club is fab you must join when you arrive. We are a family of 5 me, hubby, twin boys age 14 and a boy 11. The two have gone to mountain creek high and the youngest mountain creek primary,so far so good everyone is happy. good luck with the move.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest clayton

HI

myself and my familly emigrated to the sunshine coast about 6 weeks ago and would like to meet anyone in a simullar position.we are in Golden beach which is a lovely spot.Our daughter is now at the local school and she loves it. we are in our late 30s with a 9 yr old daughter. missing our freinds in the uk.

cheers

Clayton

Guest JoanneHattersley

sat 1st december - Ian Dipple Lagoon - LABRADOR

1330 onwards - PONS IN OZZERS 1st Brissie meeting/drink/swim/whatever else!

Guest clayton

Hi Jacki and Paul

We live at golden beach and have been here for only six weeks,its great but would like to meet more paople. We are Clayton 38 (joiner) Amanda 39 (childcare) jess 9 (at golden beach school. if you would like to meet up and discuss how its going and maybe we can learn something from you as youve been here longer that would be great. Just drop us a mail if you want.

Many thanks

Clayton and amanda

Guest clayton

Hi Jo and Paul

we are at golden beach so if you fancy a pint drop us a line and prehaps we could get together.

would be good to meet more people so we can get away from the appalling tv on a night!

feel free to pm if you wish

Cheers

Clayton and Amanda

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bryan mcgeoch

hi carolinejane i know its a bit late in the day but we live just outside of moolooolaba in sippy downs i am bryan 41 and my partner is nicola 37 i have a son age 6 and a girl age 3:twitcy:

Guest Kerstin

HI - We are in the Glass House Mountains, so not too far from where you are going to settle. My hubby is a plumber too - might be a nice idea to swap stories, and I can tell you we have lots on that front! Not easy up here with jobs, work permits and wages so if you want to get together and have a chinwag, let me know.

Guest bryan mcgeoch

hi kirsten yes we are 20 minuets from you we allready live here we have been here 4 months and we have some stories to tell as well. I am at the college with 9 other english men al around the 30 to 40 mark and all with familys so yes if you would like to meet that would be good,suffering with a cold at the moment so any time in the near future ok

Guest carolinejane

Having been a naught girl i have neglected poms in oz abit since my arrival in Australia. So apologies and thank you to all who have posted. We have been here 8 weeks now. Currently renting in Sippy Downs, soon to be moving to Mountain Creek. Then once house is built we will be off to kawana island, but that will be a while yet. Kids are settled in a great school. OH is working as a plumber and i am enjoying the sunshine!! We still await our furniture and wordly goods but they have docked in Brisbane so just need to wait for cutoms.

Hi Jacki and Paul

We live at golden beach and have been here for only six weeks,its great but would like to meet more paople. We are Clayton 38 (joiner) Amanda 39 (childcare) jess 9 (at golden beach school. if you would like to meet up and discuss how its going and maybe we can learn something from you as youve been here longer that would be great. Just drop us a mail if you want.

Many thanks

Clayton and amanda

Hiya

We are living in Caloundra to (Kings Beach), been here for about 6 weeks too!

We have 3 kids, ollie 11, jake 10 and Grace 6, they are at Currimundi school.

Would love to meet up with some more people!

Sara x

Having been a naught girl i have neglected poms in oz abit since my arrival in Australia. So apologies and thank you to all who have posted. We have been here 8 weeks now. Currently renting in Sippy Downs, soon to be moving to Mountain Creek. Then once house is built we will be off to kawana island, but that will be a while yet. Kids are settled in a great school. OH is working as a plumber and i am enjoying the sunshine!! We still await our furniture and wordly goods but they have docked in Brisbane so just need to wait for cutoms.

Hiya Caroline!

After seeing you yesterday I decided to join here to!

Catch up soon?

Sara x

Guest sean111

HI all,

just found this post and have been reading through it.

We are also heading for Mooloolaba arriving on the 19th November 07. Just me and my wife(Helen) and 2 cats eventually.

we are in our late 30's and i will be going to college at the Tafe in Nambour doing a bricklaying course.

We have never even visited oz before but thouht it was time for a change any way.

You all sound like a really friendly bunch and it would be nice if we could meet some of you at some point for a beer.

please feel free to pm me.

look forward to any replies.

Cheers.

Sean & Helen.

Guest bryan mcgeoch

Hi Sean and helen this is bryan i live in sippy downs if you would like to meet up and discuss your course up at nambour i would be glad to tell you all about it as i have been on the course since july give me a ring tommorow between 4and 5 nu 54765152 or come with helen up to nambour tommorow at 5.30 as we are playing volleyball 6 of us of the course. the court is just of the bruce highway on the bli bli nambour road on your left just come up and say hello as we will be the only ones there at 5.30

Guest sean111

HI Jo&Paul and Bryan,

Thanks for the replies, we will try to get to the meet up, but i think that week will be manic as that is the 1st week we arrive.

Bryan thanks for the invite to volleyball but unfortunatly i am still in the UK and will not be arriving until the 19th November, maybe we can meet then.

Cheers.

Sean.

Guest carolinejane
Hiya Caroline!

After seeing you yesterday I decided to join here to!

Catch up soon?

Sara x

You will get addicted like the rest of us. Will call you soon for another coffee

Caroline x

Archived