Warning, thing you should do before coming to australia

byrned

Guest siamsusie
is it cheap to fly to Thailand from oz
Yes Shark, reasonably so.... ex perth is cheaper usually than over East I find (shorter distances)

I had my 6 monthly check up at my usual Dentist in Thailand last week, cost inclusive of cleaning and one filling $80.

PS How did your Castration go?:wink: Susie x

NB You can obtain some special deals Flights, Hotels & medical care including Dentistry to Thailand.

As with most cases ensure who you are dealing with... Many Drs/Dentists in Thailand are Japanese, American/Uk qualified.

They are expensive because they get no hand outs from the gov at all totally private, so if you want good equipment, sterilisation etc has to be paid for.

I find if I make myself visit annually then costs are not so great.

Finding a good one is the key, we have had ours for over twenty years now and excellent treatment.

Guest siamsusie
still in pain Susie.

why are dentists so expensive downunder

It will take a few days Shark, have patience, you have done well....

To be fair Shark, we have company Medibank Private insurance. My husband went to the Dentist not long ago and the insurance covered most of it. You also get a tax rebate having private medical cover. I think if you time it correctly i.e. arrange it with your dentist you can have treatment in one part of the year leading to the other under the one cost, this is what my husband has done and it hasnt caused us any pain so to speak.

A good insurance probably costs in the region of $200 a month for a family of 4 (I think??) On scanning the net, tbh nothing reeks of good value on the Dentistry front insurance wise, hence the mass exodus overseas.

Why are Dentists so expensive? No idea..... but I do remember my kiddies paying exorbitant bills in London until I introduced them to Thailand. I cant quite fathom it when this should be a primary heath care in whichever country you live in.

I was speaking to a PIO friend in Adelaide the other day and they are facing the same situation with their children (4 of them) with regards to braces.....it's like having a second mortgage, although one child arrived wearing braces and was kindly seen and treated by an Australian dentist.

Bali dentists are becoming increasingly popular with Australians and a number of collegues of mine speak highly of them. A short hop & skip over....

:wubclub: Susie

Guest shark

Why are Dentists so expensive? No idea..... but I do remember my kiddies paying exorbitant bills in London until I introduced them to Thailand.

:wubclub: Susie

very true susie it is getting very expensive in the UK ,and their are huge waiting lists for dentists , its unreal in some places ,and just like you in oz the is ,thousands of British going overseas for dental work in eastern Europe&Thailand much cheaper:wink:

Guest siamsusie
very true susie it is getting very expensive in the UK ,and their are huge waiting lists for dentists , its unreal in some places ,and just like you in oz the is ,thousands of British going overseas for dental work in eastern Europe&Thailand much cheaper:wink:

A couple of years back Shark in my village in Scotland a dentist advertised for 20 more NHS patients and the Q was astronomical for these 20 places.

Whilst I will always be proud of the NHS, I find the PAYE apportion very deceiving in terms of what you retrieve back. Nothing is free! and yes Shark I agree with you there is a very healthy exodus of patients receiving treatment in the eastern sector as well.

I guess one factor on the dark side is malpractice suits cant be brought into the equation should something go wrong, but I would prefer taking the chance instead of poor oral hygiene.

Susie

NZ has free dental up to 12 years of age. $7000 for braces for about 3 years. Tooth filled is about $150 at a private dentist. Is it not the same in victoria?

Archived