What to do about mobile phones?

Guest Cookie

Hi sorry if this has been posted before but.....

Just informed Vodafone of impending move to Oz, and have been told that because we are terminating our contracts before the end of the 18 mths there is an amount to pay, quite large I guess on two phones!!! Anyone else come across this and what did you do? Robbing bu****s we have been with them years too!!!! Our payments have always been paid on time.

To pay or do a runner that is the question!!

Cookie

Hi,

we will hopefully be in the same position later in the year, and i know what i will be doing! i will cxl my direct debit, get the phone unblocked, take it with me and buy a pay as you go sim card in oz and use the phone over there.I'm sure the phone company have made enough out of you in the past, so i would'nt get a guilt trip over it.

Gary

Thanks for that Gary,

exactly what I needed to hear. Thought it but just needed someone else to say it"!!!!!

Cookie

Hi,

we will hopefully be in the same position later in the year, and i know what i will be doing! i will cxl my direct debit, get the phone unblocked, take it with me and buy a pay as you go sim card in oz and use the phone over there.I'm sure the phone company have made enough out of you in the past, so i would'nt get a guilt trip over it.

Gary

Guest ironmaggi

Nice idea...if you can get it unblocked. I have a pay as you go and found it easier to get another one as Orange wanted 40 quid and 10 days to do it.....! the internet just sounded too difficult with buying cables and software to "DIY"....$80 got me a new one!

Archived