TAFE collage

Guest felix27

Guest felix27

if i wanted to apply for a collage but have not got my GCSE grades yet does anyone know wether they will accept me on predicted grades? will my visa still clear if it is conditional place depending on results?

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hi Felix:cute:

Not too sure if you can get an offer on the basis of predicted grades, I would say that you would have to e-mail the TAFE directly where you're thinking of studying.

What I do know however is that you cannot get a Student Visa until you have a Confirmation of Enrolment and have paid the first semester fees. It is the number on the CoE that you have to quote in order to obtain your Student Visa. To complicate matters, am I right in thinking that you're going on your parent's visa? If you are, then I don't think you have to have a Student Visa in your own right, you will be able to go on your parent's visa as a dependent child.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Cheers,

Rachel :wubclub:

Guest felix27

cheers for that rachel but im going with my girlfriends family so i would need this student visa! i have emailed the collage directly but will email TEFA aswell now

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hi again,

Just noticed on your other post that you're wanting to study Automotive Engineering. That's precisely what my hubby will be studying starting next summer.

Don't know if you're using an education agent to help you find a course? We used Katherine, at Welcome to Study Australia and she was fab, helping Stu to find the right course. We didn't have to pay her anything, the colleges pay her to place international students!

Keep us up-to-date with how it goes!

Cheers,

Rachel :cute:

Hi there,

You can receive a conditional offer without results, i.e. firm offer is given when you send results. After this you pay fees to receive Confirmation of Enrolment with which you do visa online.

If you are looking at automotive, most choices are in Melbourne, both TAFE and private VET providers, most include training hours plus they fill quickly.

Do you have any connection with Melbourne? Choice of institution will affect where you can live and vice versa.

We are an accredited representative of Victorian and other TAFEs, I am from Melbourne so any questions just ask.

Archived