baggage info

Guest andy crawley

Guest andy crawley

anyone know what baggage you can take with qantas on a one way ticket.. is it double??

thanks Andy

Guest andy crawley

hi , we did.. extra £350 each... on top of the £544 for flight, would need a suitcase full of drugs to cover the costs!!!:laugh:

• 1 month later...

We are looking to book our one way flights shortly to Perth. Got 176 perm visa, contacted Singapore Airlines today who advised we can take 40kg each, is this correct? The guy we spoke to said you can just turn up with this amount!

I would have expected confirmation regarding this.

Many thanks

Sharon

You only get double baggage allowance with an unvalidated unused permanent residency visa.

And if I were you, if you fall into this category, I'd get it in writing just to be on the safe side then print it off and take it with you.

We have validated our visa, so wont get it when moving out, even though we didnt need it on our reccie. I think you can ask for extra if this is the case, saying you are migrating, and sometimes they may grant 5kg extra but you should get this in writing too.

We booked with Singapore because we thought we would get migrant baggage allowance of 40kg but because we had validated our visa we don't qualify even although we have permanent residency and one way tickets. I asked about extra baggage and was told that i could get 5kg for £39 per kilo. I nearly choked on my toast. Bloody daylight robbery!!!

Archived