UK Spouse/Settlement Visa

Guest MXP78

Guest incubus1971

mine ws officially accepted in their office on 29/4/10 ... so 52 days (give or take a working day depending on public holidays) ... we thought it would be way quicker.

Apparently, if it gets to week 14 then you can contact the Home office for them to look into ...

good luck everybody ... feels like a lottery!

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest christopherm

Details as follows:

Name/initials: AP

Date of email confirming receipt: 16th June 2010

Intended date of travel listed: 1st August 2010

Visa not yet granted

Guest incubus1971

Name/initials DK

Date of email confirming receipt 29th April 2010

Intended date of travel listed 10th August 2010

Visa granted not yet

Guest michael29

Name/initials: MM

Date of email confirming receipt: 18th May 2010

Intended date of travel listed: 29th July 2010

Visa not yet granted

Guest MXP78
mine ws officially accepted in their office on 29/4/10 ... so 52 days (give or take a working day depending on public holidays) ... we thought it would be way quicker.

Apparently, if it gets to week 14 then you can contact the Home office for them to look into ...

good luck everybody ... feels like a lottery!

So there has been someone waiting longer than us! That's the first time I've seen 14 weeks thrown into the mix. Gulp...

Will post my dates soon. Can't quite remember what we put as intended date of travel so will update soon.

Guest MXP78

Name/initials: MB

Date of email confirming receipt: 6 May 2010

Intended date of travel listed: 9 June 2010

Visa not yet granted

Guest tryingtogettotheUK

Name/initials

Date of email confirming receipt 19th May 2010

Intended date of travel listed 29th June 2010

Visa granted not yet

Guest incubus1971

They must be busy ... I emailed Canberra and got a response from the UKBA in wellington NZ ...

Dear David,

Thank you for your email.

The current processing time for Settlement category applications is 12 weeks. We cannot give out any progress reports before then.

Regards,

Stefan McDiarmid l UKBA Support Officer l Visa Services l UK Border Agency International Group l

British High Commission Wellington l http://ukinnewzealand.fco.gov.uk

application received by UKVisa: 29/4/2010

Not granted yet

Guest necole

Name/initials Necole

Date of email confirming receipt 6 July 2010

Intended date of travel listed 29th Sept 2010

Visa granted not yet

Guest tryingtogettotheUK

They must be busy ... I emailed Canberra and got a response from the UKBA in wellington NZ ...

Dear David,

Thank you for your email.

The current processing time for Settlement category applications is 12 weeks. We cannot give out any progress reports before then.

Regards,

Stefan McDiarmid lUKBA Support Officer l Visa Services l UK Border Agency International Group l

British High Commission Wellington l http://ukinnewzealand.fco.gov.uk

application received by UKVisa: 29/4/2010

Not granted yet

Hi there,

Just wondering what was the email address you emailed to get a response?

Guest incubus1971
Hi there,

Just wondering what was the email address you emailed to get a response?

EC.Enquiries@fco.gov.uk was the email address that I emailled.

I can't remember where I got this from - it may have been from the home office website.

Now at (business day) 58 with no news. Thursday will be week 12 - so maybe they'll give a progress report then when I ask!

Initials: DK

App confirmed received: 29/4/2010

Intended date of travel: 9/8/2010

Guest tryingtogettotheUK
EC.Enquiries@fco.gov.uk was the email address that I emailled.

I can't remember where I got this from - it may have been from the home office website.

Now at (business day) 58 with no news. Thursday will be week 12 - so maybe they'll give a progress report then when I ask!

Initials: DK

App confirmed received: 29/4/2010

Intended date of travel: 9/8/2010

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. That is such a long time, I cannot believe so many of us have not heard anything. It seems just crazy. If you do get a progress report can you maybe let us know the jist of it. My partner is already in the UK and we have a holiday booked for 18th August to go to Turkey. 12 weeks will be up on 4th August so I am hoping that I will have my visa in time to go on the holiday. 12 weeks is a long time to have someone's passport - I wonder if you could get it back if you wanted? I suppose it would just further delay your application.

Be careful asking for your passport back. If you need it for "urgent travel" then your application will be considered withdrawn. Thus, you lose your money as well as where you're up to. Not helpful at all....

On another note, new rules for Tier 1 and 2 visas, with the government's restrictions, were posted yesterday. Perhaps that's slowed them down more than usual.

It is a terrible feeling, being in limbo and living out of a suitcase.

Guest tryingtogettotheUK

I know exactly what you mean. Thanks for the advice, I thought as much. I told my partner we are better off cancelling the holiday rather than cancelling our chances with our applicatilons. Not starting this process again. Good luck! Let me know how it goes, fingers crossed for us both! :)

Guest MXP78

I am eagerly awaiting Thursday to see if you hear anything. As we submitted a week after you it should give us a good indication as well. Fingers crossed for you!

Guest christopherm

So does the 'intended date of travel' actually mean anything in terms of the application process as a whole?

Is

Guest MXP78

MY VISA HAS BEEN GRANTED! Yeeeeeee haaaaaa. I just received an email from Canberra saying it has been approved and our documents will be despatched within 3 working days.

incubus1971 - any news on yours? If not today, it should be very very soon. Fingers crossed for you.

So for me it was 54 working days (including today) or 11 weeks

Visa granted: 21 July 2010

Good luck to everyone else waiting.

Michelle

Guest incubus1971
MY VISA HAS BEEN GRANTED! Yeeeeeee haaaaaa. I just received an email from Canberra saying it has been approved and our documents will be despatched within 3 working days.

incubus1971 - any news on yours? If not today, it should be very very soon. Fingers crossed for you.

So for me it was 54 working days (including today) or 11 weeks

Visa granted: 21 July 2010

Good luck to everyone else waiting.

Michelle

congrats michelle! No word yet today ... but I do feel it coming soon ... I just hate the waiting... it's like being a kid waiting for christmas!

Guest necole
So does the 'intended date of travel' actually mean anything in terms of the application process as a whole?

Is

I've read that they don't prioritise processing based on intended date of travel - I guess if they did we'd all leave it until the last minute to apply! :-)

Guest christopherm
I've read that they don't prioritise processing based on intended date of travel - I guess if they did we'd all leave it until the last minute to apply! :-)

Yeah, I figured that. What's the point of having it in there then?

Guest incubus1971
Yeah, I figured that. What's the point of having it in there then?

I suspect a perverse sense of glee as the estimated travel date looms closer and the applicant is on tenterhooks waiting on a decision that's going to affect their life .. but maybe I'm just cynical ....

Guest MXP78

I've read that they can post date your visa by 3 months. So maybe if you'd put your intended date of travel for say 6 months time, they might date your visa to start 3 months from the date of decision (so right about the time you're planning to leave) so part of your 2 years isn't chewed up while you're in Australia (or wherever) before you get to the UK. As I don't think the time starts from when you enter the UK, but from when your visa is issued. But that's just a guess. If it's not that, then incubus must have it spot on!

I'm still interested to see how this ILE visa works as we've been together for more than 4 years. I'll let you know what sort of visa I've been issued with and the 'rules' around how long I can stay in the UK etc.

Guest frustratedash

hi everyone,

Stumbled across this forum today and how thankful i am for doing so, at least now i know i'm not the only one going through this crap! still doesn't stop the feelings of having no control over the situation. I'm a kiwi and my partner is british and he's had to go back to england just after i recieved the confirming email that my application had been recieved and that was a little over 8 weeks ago and man have we been counting the days.This forum seems to have more info on it then the bloody uk border agency website lol. well i'll keep posted as i think it might help with the waiting and to see how everyone else is going with their visas goodluck guys!

Archived