Hubby's citizenship, visa for me and our 2 girls

Guest ANDREA WRIGHT

Guest ANDREA WRIGHT

Hi All.

We are both VERY new to all of this and to be honest, completely baffeld by the different tyrpes of visa.

My hubby just came back from Oz having met with his Aussie father and obtaining all of the necessary paper work to apply for Oz citizenship. With this in process, we have set our date for summer 2012.

Can any-one recommend the best way of us as a family unit to emigrate? There seems to be so many ways to do it and it's clearly not a case of "oh! you're the wife of an Aussie guy with two kids... in you come"

Any help and advise would be GREATLY appreciated :smile:

Andi and Darren

Guest Guest31881

Once your hubby has his citizenship. i would imagine its just a case of you applying for a spouse visa, and getting the kids Australian passports by decent. You will need to gather a load of evidence for your spouse visa, that is what takes the time. But I think once your hubby gets his citizenship, the children should be able to do the same.

if I am mistaken someone will put you on the right path.

Was you hubby born in Australia. If he was then yes he can go for his Aussie passport and then once he has this..you can then apply for the kids Citizenship by decsent and once you have those you then get the kids Aussie passports and then you can apply for your spouse visa. If you have been married for a while and have kids together it is pretty straight forward. We did the same and it took overall about 5/6 months.

If I can be of any help then pm me.

Good luck with your visa journey.

Sue xx

Guest ANDREA WRIGHT

Thanks Guys,

My hubby wasn't born in Oz, he only met his father for the first time a few weeks ago. He's had to get his fathers name put on his birth cert. then will send off to achieve citizenship by decent for himself, I was hoping this would follow through naturally for the girls but it seems the must be born in Oz and/or, Darren to have lived in Oz for at least 2 yrs before they are eligible.

We've been married since 2003 and our children are 3 yrs and 2 yrs old.

I was hoping we'd be able to speak with an Oz house representative on the best way to go.

Thanks again :wink:

Yes Andrea sadly Citizenship by descent can only be used once...so that is your Hubby. No problem just means the kids need to be added to the visa. Go on Immi website..that will be more informative than the people that answer the phone at Australia house help line..if I listened to them we would never have got here!

Good luck..I am sure Gill (Gollywobbler) or an agent would be able to advise you better.

Archived