Considering giving it up?

Guest OzScouser

Guest paulinestella

just be careful what you wish for, i have spent 18 years in oz, finally had enough and decided i wanted to come 'home', four years back here and we are heading back to oz. very expensive lesson to learn its not always the same as you think it was. yes you miss the english way, and all your friends, and aussies just dont get sarcasm and your english jokes but for sure the aussie life is better in the long run.:unsure:

just be careful what you wish for, i have spent 18 years in oz, finally had enough and decided i wanted to come 'home', four years back here and we are heading back to oz. very expensive lesson to learn its not always the same as you think it was. yes you miss the english way, and all your friends, and aussies just dont get sarcasm and your english jokes but for sure the aussie life is better in the long run.:unsure:

Do you think that there comes a point where you have been away too long...? My Aussie husband left Australia over 20 years ago and we cannot settle back in here at all-and we are returning to the UK.

Guest chris955

Yes I think that is true, it isn't a case of one place being better but what you have become used to.

Archived