work in oz

Guest hilly1981

Guest hilly1981

Hi ive just arrived to Sydney from south Wales uk.I have just done the green card to enable me to work over here on sites.Im finding it difficult to see where to settle over here as i hear all different stories on where to go for work.Many people have said Perth but ive asked about and it seems everyone is flooding over there.Could someone please help me out as im on my own over here a mo and need to find work.Im a qualified bricklayer with all my certificates and references from back home with 10 years of experience.All information would be helpfull,many thanks David

Guest Abi&Dan

Can't help specifically, sorry - but just to say welcome to PIO x

I wouldn't worry about there being loads of people going there though - sounds like there's plenty of work to go round in places like Perth and brissy where there's building booms going on

Guest wardy

Have you thought about cairns, lots of work going on up there apparently. New towns are being planned or extended especially in a place called Edmonton.

People up there are saying that more and more people from Brisbane are moving up there to escape the drought.

Guest Stu:0
Hi ive just arrived to Sydney from south Wales uk.I have just done the green card to enable me to work over here on sites.Im finding it difficult to see where to settle over here as i hear all different stories on where to go for work.Many people have said Perth but ive asked about and it seems everyone is flooding over there.Could someone please help me out as im on my own over here a mo and need to find work.Im a qualified bricklayer with all my certificates and references from back home with 10 years of experience.All information would be helpfull,many thanks David

Hi mate, im a spark heading to cairns on monday. There is loads of work going on up there. Last i heard there are 2,000 propertys to be built. The company im heading has the contract to wire 360 of them! Not sure on wages tho?

Stu

wherever you decide to go, look in the local newspaper, there are loads of job ads on particular days of the week, also take a trip round some of the new build sites and ask some of the brickies on site. Thats what we were told to do.

Good luck

Archived