Renew Passport - Who Can be Countersignatory?

racht

Hi, I am sure I have read this before somewhere but cant seem to find the thread. I need to renew my passport but in the section that requires a counter-signature it requires somebody who has known you for at least 2 years. We have only been here one year and so haven't known anyone that long. Is there any way around this?

Thanks Rach x:wubclub:

Chris had this with his police check. in the end he sent it all inc an adress envelope to a buddy in the uk who did his bits then put it in the post to the passport office.

Is there anyone who you have known for the yr happy to say they have known you longer?..................(im fully aware that isnt the right thing to do.lol.):wink:

Hi Kelly,

So it is okay to get them signed by someone in the UK and then returned? May take this option then. Dont really know anyone well enough to ask them to do that! Just wondered if there was another way. Seems silly really, when you look the same as your last passport...when I say the same, 10 years has taken it toll but you can tell it's me! :-)

Hi Kelly,

So it is okay to get them signed by someone in the UK and then returned? May take this option then. Dont really know anyone well enough to ask them to do that! Just wondered if there was another way. Seems silly really, when you look the same as your last passport...when I say the same, 10 years has taken it toll but you can tell it's me! :-)

I dont see why it would be a problem. Ive not seen anywhere that says the person need to be in the same country. they just have to meet the professional requirement and sign it in the way the paperwork states

Archived