jack russell in oz

Guest supersye

Guest supersye

Hi All,

Were hoping to move to Oz later on this year. Were taking our jack russell terrier with us. Has anyone taken a jack russell and how did it effect them.

Has anyone got any comments or advice on Melbourne quarantine? Shes a very gentle dog whos used to lots of love and attention. Were thinking of sending her a month before we get there. My wifes parents live in oz although not in melbourne.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi

There are lots of Jack Russells (JRT's) in Australia especially Melbourne. Being active dogs Australia is great for them as there are plenty of parks and beaches to burn off their energy.

Spotswood Quarantine is fine, it is basic but 30 days isn't a long time. The only issue I can see in sending her before you arrive is that you may struggle finding a rental that is pet friendly, so it may be worth making sure you have a few spare weeks to play with in your furnished short term rental, unless you have family over here who can help.

Kate

We have an Aussie Jack Russell and we all adore him.

Here in Melbourne there are plenty of 'Off leash' parks which are fenced off, grassed areas that everyone takes their dogs so they can run around

Mornington Peninsula Shire - Leash Free Areas

These are our local ones and ours has an agility course for the dogs too. Most have play parks next to them so kids can play too. I think they are fantastic and so does our dog!! :laugh:

Archived