s.a beaches?

Guest traybears

Guest dunnarunna

SANDY! sorry couldnt resist it:twitcy:

donna

im sure someone will be able to tell you lazy cow often walks her dogs on beach so she should know

We went to Glenelg beach and it was so lovely. You could walk for miles the sand was lovely and soft and the sea was beautiful and clear. On the beach when we was there beach volleyball tournament was on and so many people were watching! it was good fun.

Along on the promenade was an indoor play centre, shops and cafes but no vehicles could go on the beach or along the promenade.

We did go to another beach can't think what it was called though! But you could take your car on the beach, which was useful as saves carrying the BBQ etc... And it was a windy day so used the car as a wind shield.

We swam with the Dolphins at Glenelg as well with a company called Temptation sailing, the boys loved it.

The beaches are real Beuts! and i'm sure you will spend many happy days on them

Enjoy

SANDY! sorry couldnt resist it:twitcy:

donna

im sure someone will be able to tell you lazy cow often walks her dogs on beach so she should know

Well, I think Donna's summed it up really! They are sandy, but they also have water all the way along then. Which is handy if you fancy a paddle...

WELL,I can't really compare them to any other state's beaches, but they are very nice. They tend to have vaste expanses of golden sand (thanks in part to the yearly re-distribution of sand carried out by the council!) with varyingly blue sea 'attached'. There are beaches that are stony, but they seem to be in the minority. Don't know what to add really...you often see dolphins (or are they....!), sometimes rays, the odd dead penguin, some interesting shells (I'm guessing Shell beach would be best for that)...sometimes the sea is so clear you can chose the fish you fancy from the jetty, Noarlunga is good for diving,often spot pelicans and things, er er...can go digging for clams (heaps of fun- it's all in the hip movement!)...

Oh and there are lots of beaches you can drive onto, but they generally recommend using a 4x4. We went down to Goolwa with friends, and despite advice one (Aussie, well they all were) went down in his Commodore,,,and got stuck, much to everyone's hilarity!

I'm not sure I've been very helpful, but I did try!:wubclub:

LC

Guest tinbasher

Yes LC you are very trying!!:wacko:

With regards to the beaches, what has been said is spot on really. Although Sempahore way there can be a lot of dead-sea grass that washes up, however this does not detract from the beauty of the beach or the sea. Plus we hardly ever see any rubbish and if there are any bits people just pick it up and pop it in the many bins along the sea front. Oh yes and some of the shells that wash up are amazing.

Mrs TinB

Guest Fat Boy Fat

Watching the sun lowering its self into the sea and feeling the temperature drop just a little. Walking along the sand looking out to sea watching Dolphins it makes all the problems of the day seem so small.

Guest tinbasher

Oh FBF, you old romantic you. Your post brought a tear to my eye.:cry: Not in a bad way you understand.

Mrs TinB

• 1 month later...
Guest mr mover

soon to be at Port julia, my brother has bought a block, there and is now looking at house designs,.........................mm

• 1 month later...

You're all making me a little homesick. I am an Adelaidian living in SW11.

The last time I was in Adelaide I walked from Seacliff to Brighton on the beach....temp high 20s and dolphins swimming just offshore. A cold Coopers Pale Ale at the Seacliff Hotel and beer battered King George Whiting and Chips.

:spinny:

You're all making me a little homesick. I am an Adelaidian living in SW11.

The last time I was in Adelaide I walked from Seacliff to Brighton on the beach....temp high 20s and dolphins swimming just offshore. A cold Coopers Pale Ale at the Seacliff Hotel and beer battered King George Whiting and Chips.

:spinny:

What a lovely thought/memory :cool:

SW11 is that Battersea way? I suppose not nearly the same as living in Australia!

When are you going home for a trip next? Christmas would be good with the summer in Oz now.

Enjoy London!!!

SW11 is Battersea yes......

There are many great points about living in London.....not least of which is the financial gain to be had by qualified Aussies :)

But yes......not the same as living in Australia. We're feeling a little ripped off this year as the summer was quite wet and the nights are closing in faster. Will probably head back to Oz in early 2008.....at least for a visit.

SW11 is Battersea yes......

There are many great points about living in London.....not least of which is the financial gain to be had by qualified Aussies :)

But yes......not the same as living in Australia. We're feeling a little ripped off this year as the summer was quite wet and the nights are closing in faster. Will probably head back to Oz in early 2008.....at least for a visit.

It's good that you are enjoying London and I know what you mean about the weather, this summer has been rubbish, we escaped to Turkey to catch some sunshine and had a fab time.

My sister lives in Adelaide and is about to open up her own play centre there. She loves Adelaide and has no intention of coming back here now, just having her own home built too.

Enjoy your visit back to Adelaide :cool:

Regards

That's great about your sister kdal!! I am glad she's enjoying it. Unfortunately Adelaide gets a bad wrap from people from Sydney and Melbourne......most of whom haven't been there.

The lifestyle, cost of living and weather are brilliant there.

I might have to head to Turkey myself for some sun :)

Hey Big Cheese would'nt go at this time of year to Turkey, we were there for a wedding this time last year, out of 14 days we only had 2 good 1's an 1 of those was the wedding day fortunately.

An the day we flew out there was 3/4 tornado's off the coast, an hurricane style rain on the way to the skies.

Mr KP Nut. 363p.gif

That's great about your sister kdal!! I am glad she's enjoying it. Unfortunately Adelaide gets a bad wrap from people from Sydney and Melbourne......most of whom haven't been there.

The lifestyle, cost of living and weather are brilliant there.

I might have to head to Turkey myself for some sun :)

Yep we found that there was a fair bit of banter going on, we went to Melbourne first and they all wanted to know why on earth would we want to visit Adelaide! Well I didnt know what to expect but when we got to Adelaide it felt really homely to me, I loved it. The drive in movies, lovely people, swiming with the Dolphins, watching the Dolphins come into the marina at Glenelg and the beautiful beaches............ well what more could you want!

We've had some fab holidays in Turkey its cheap enough to holiday there and the weather is great too.. Try and book yourself some of that sunshine!

:yes:

Thanks My KP Nut (I love those BTW) on the heads up about Turkey.

I must admit that Australians also like to knock things.......Victorians have a big rivalry with us and they like to think Melbourne is the centre or the universe. Having spent a lot of time in Melbourne.......it's very similar in terms of lifestyle to Adelaide......except bigger, colder and more expensive.

Either way.....if the Victorians don't visit Adelaide it's their loss. By the number of Victorian registered cars in Adelaide, the Barossa, McLaren Vale etc over the summer is anything to go by......lots of them love it.

• 1 year later...

as a pom growing up in adelaide ive found the best beaches in the world..port noarlunga/southport, hidden paradise, snorkelling the reef, fishing on the jetty, swimming in the river outlet, beautiful golden sands, sand-dunes, picturesque cliff faces, and also great surfing beach..a must visit in summer..

thankyou everyone for your amazing replies.i can just see us there.wonderful!

Sorry don't get time to come on here much as I spend too much time on PIA.:biglaugh: Have you changed your destination or is it still the gold coast you are heading for?:huh:

Pete

Archived