Teaching/education assistant

Guest BUMBLE

Guest BUMBLE

Hi all, I am currently applying for my defacto visa (have telephone interview tomorrow!!) I am researching jobs for Teaching Assistants (or education assistants as they are known down under!) in Perth. They all seem to have levels attached to them. What is the equivelant in English terms. For example - I have an NNEB Diploma in Nursery Nursing which, in England, is an equivelant to a level 3!

Thanks in advance for your help,

Bumble:notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest flo&mags
Hi all, I am currently applying for my defacto visa (have telephone interview tomorrow!!) I am researching jobs for Teaching Assistants (or education assistants as they are known down under!) in Perth. They all seem to have levels attached to them. What is the equivelant in English terms. For example - I have an NNEB Diploma in Nursery Nursing which, in England, is an equivelant to a level 3!

Thanks in advance for your help,

Bumble:notworthy:

Not sure about the equivalent but that will only allow you to work in day care not schools. I have just finished the Cert III education assistant - it was a 12 week course with 2 weeks prac (start that next week). The pay is crap for this position but they are trying to get it renumerated. I also started the NVQ3 in UK before I left & their qualification is not as hard as that!! Anyhow you can ask at the immigration to have yr qualification looked at & converted to Ozzie qualification - I think if you have that done in the first yr it doesn't cost u anything to do it.

Good luck

I'm in Melbourne.

The ES1 would be the lowest grade of pay and is under $1000 a fortnight here. In my school all our ES's are on this level and will not move above it :no: I have 10 years UK experience and qualifications, HLTA (worth nowt!) and worked for the Special Needs Team in my borough.

My friend in Mandurah, Perth has no school qualifications and works in a primary school base for children with Autism and is payed ES3 and is on over $1000 a fortnight (both after tax).

Archived