Electricians - Peer course workbook???

Guest heljef1

Guest heljef1

Can anybody help with the wiring rules distance learning book - if you have done this?

i'm not sure, on each question it say's clause - is this the reg number and do you have to quote the number on your answer?

Also, are they looking for the wording from the regs or in your own words i.e. define earth fault loop impedence.

May seem trivial but want to give what they are asking for.......

Cheers guys

Rich

Guest sparky1966

Hi im currently doing my work book.The clause number is the wiring regs clause they want ie 2.2.3.5. etc.I wrote a little on each question too,summing up the answer.

lots of the questions are hard to find especially the 'etsa' section.alson section 'k' looks like it has been removed from the regs book.

Im off to peer for test next week and Im still struggling on some of the calcs and cable selection/derating factors .

many thanks Richard

what is the peer course work book, we are hoping to get to melbourne this year, and are trying to find out what my hubby electrician needs to do

Cheers

Tracey

Guest heljef1

The peer course workbook is the long distance learning course workbook you can do while still in the UK so that when you go to oz you can go to the peer college in adelaide and sit an exam to get your A licence. i see you have your visa granted so you need to apply to the TRA to get your ARTC to be able to do the course..................... or you can just go over to oz and work supervised for a while (a bit like a sparky's mate)....

Regards Helen x

Guest heljef1
Hi im currently doing my work book.The clause number is the wiring regs clause they want ie 2.2.3.5. etc.I wrote a little on each question too,summing up the answer.

lots of the questions are hard to find especially the 'etsa' section.alson section 'k' looks like it has been removed from the regs book.

Im off to peer for test next week and Im still struggling on some of the calcs and cable selection/derating factors .

many thanks Richard

Thanks for that and the best of luck with the exam

Rich

Guest sparky1966

The peer wiring exam will give you an 'A grade' ticket in SA,this can then be transfered to most states.

• 1 month later...
Guest heljef1

When answering the questions, do you have to write exactly what's in the wiring regs or put the answer in your own words?

Guest sparky1966

I mostly wrote things in my own words,otherwise a little long winded.Just write the clause number and write a little to cover the main parts of the clause.They do check some random clauses.

Guest heljef1
I mostly wrote things in my own words,otherwise a little long winded.Just write the clause number and write a little to cover the main parts of the clause.They do check some random clauses.

Thanks for that. Much appreciated

Kind regards

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived