Adelaide to Melbourne

Guest Ste and Cheryl

Guest Ste and Cheryl

Hello,

Hubby and I are looking at being in Adelaide later this year (fingers & toes crossed) and we will be bringing our dog Missy. We were just wondering how long the drive is from Adelaide to the Melbourne Quarentine Station. And you thoughts on the quarentine station in Melbourne.

Many thanks in advance

:wubclub:

Guest YellowGecko

6 hours!

Don't get caught speeding in Keith (SA) though! Police love catching people there on the straight stretch of wide road.

It may have changed but speed signs were very poor when I last drove through so be careful and stay at or below 60kph

through Keth township.

Have done it several times, and it is a fairly boring drive, so take your favourite tunes.

Still think The Grampians in Vic is Australia's best TOURIST attraction! Love it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest redhotmama

We came to Adelaide and our cat was in Melbourne quarantine station.

It only worked out (with JETPETS) to be around $230 to send her from Melbourne to Adelaide.

I know a dog will be more expensive but it still seemed a small amount for a lot less stress to the animal. JETPETS picked the cat up from quarantine (as long as you have paid the bill for quarantine before hand) and took her to the plane. We picked her up from Adelaide airport.

If you do decide to fly him/her remember that you have paid for a shipping crate and check that quarantine still have it. Then you won't have to pay again with JETPETS as they will use the same one.

This saved us $50

Archived