Guest JamieandMel

Guest JamieandMel

Hi

Received our Tasmanian state sponsorship last week and have lodged our visa appplication. Any recommendations of areas and information of where to settle. Ie. schools, jobs, houses. Children are 13 & 11, jobs would be electrical and accountancy, we prefer rural and coastal areas.

Lauceston is one of the areas we were thinking about? Anyone live there? Or around the north east of Tas?

Thanks

I've only been to tassie on holiday around Hobart and it is a lovely place. there are plenty of 'rural an coastal' areas nearby and you have the benefit of a city not far away. It was warmer than I expected which is good news but the sea is cold and just about bearable in summer. I'm dead jealous. if I could get a job there I would move to tassie tomorrow. Good luck

Guest siamsusie
Hi

Received our Tasmanian state sponsorship last week and have lodged our visa appplication. Any recommendations of areas and information of where to settle. Ie. schools, jobs, houses. Children are 13 & 11, jobs would be electrical and accountancy, we prefer rural and coastal areas.

Lauceston is one of the areas we were thinking about? Anyone live there? Or around the north east of Tas?

Thanks

Hi Jame and Mel, thank you for you pm. Yes we are in the Launceston area and I will send you some details this evening. My OH is an electrician so hopefully he can point you in the right direction.

Susie :wubclub:

Guest siamsusie

I've only been to tassie on holiday around Hobart and it is a lovely place. there are plenty of 'rural an coastal' areas nearby and you have the benefit of a city not far away. It was warmer than I expected which is good news but the sea is cold and just about bearable in summer. I'm dead jealous. if I could get a job there I would move to tassie tomorrow. Good luck
We have had an incredibly hot summer Bogan, the beaches are wonderful and believe it or not the sea does reach a good temperature. Hobart is a wonderful city, some great restaurants & Pubs ... I swim in the River Tamar (up north) during the summer and its beautifully warm.

• 2 months later...
We have had an incredibly hot summer Bogan, the beaches are wonderful and believe it or not the sea does reach a good temperature. Hobart is a wonderful city, some great restaurants & Pubs ... I swim in the River Tamar (up north) during the summer and its beautifully warm.

The summer way too hot for me, New Years Eve was 38c in Hobart. Nice and cold now with snow on the mountain. Not had much rain though down south which is a worry!

Guest siamsusie
The summer way too hot for me, New Years Eve was 38c in Hobart. Nice and cold now with snow on the mountain. Not had much rain though down south which is a worry!

Plenty of rain this weekend here this weekend Deborah hence me on PIO lol I came back May 10th and it was very warm. Got the logs on the fire here and its snowing on Cradle Mountain:biggrin: but the daffs and tulips are poking through xx

we are on tank water, had to buy some!! I read in paper that North of Oatlands is wet and green, the Midlands and south very brown. Not too bad In Huonville and beyond. really miss rain, I liked how green it is when we came up to Launceston.

Still the winter sunshine is awesome. Love having the log burner going!

Guest siamsusie
we are on tank water, had to buy some!! I read in paper that North of Oatlands is wet and green, the Midlands and south very brown. Not too bad In Huonville and beyond. really miss rain, I liked how green it is when we came up to Launceston.

Still the winter sunshine is awesome. Love having the log burner going!

Deborah I last brought water after the York Town fires by us in January.. we had to hose down the gutters and house so used up our water supplies. Havent bought since then, but installing another tank 20,000 litres by our new shed (compulsary council regs) so hopefully buying might be a thing of the past we shall see.

Hey guys spring is coming:biggrin: love Susie xx

Archived