moving dog to uk

Guest deedarbikes

Guest deedarbikes

Hi,

Anybody any idea of cost and whats involved in moving a dog to the uk from Oz. Been here 6 mths and got German Shepherd pup who would move back if we did. Not planning on moving yet, just sorting out a financial plan x just in case work dont pan out too good.

Cheers

Steve

Guest rainbeau

Hiya

The dog has to get the Rabies jab, it has to be done by a vet that is certified by DAFF then in one month there is a bloodtest as long as the test is ok then its 6 months in AU and then the dog can come back into the UK with no quarantine, if the 6 months do not pass before you leave then the same amount of time needs to be spent in quarantine in UK eg if the rabies certificate is two months old the dog is in quarantine for 4 etc etc but after 6 months its ok

Guest HPRYCE

Our Boxer has literally just been picked up this morning for his flight back to the UK from Melbourne. The cost will depend on the dog's dimensions & weight. Our lad is average boxer size and weighs around 27kg. Jetpets have organised his move and it's setting us back $3700. Hope this sheds a little light on it for you.

Guest guest25493

i brought my two cats from the uk, i actually collect them tomorrow, I contacted ryslip, and they were fantasti, they even collected the cats from my mothers house.That cost me just under £2000. tomorrow I may quarantine(30 days) $2000,so quite expensive. my cats just needed to fully inoculated,wormed etc. With dogs i think they need a few more jabs, but contact ryslip, and they will tell you everything. Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Do you know if you can have the rabies tests done way in advance?

What with the new changes, it is possible we may have to leave with only 28 days notice. If we could get this all done just incase it would be one less weight off our minds. (sigh)

hi yes you can get the rabies jab and blood tests done in advance but i think if it is over a year he would have to have a booster. i would advice you to get it done if you are thinking you may be going back to uk, we left it a bit too late and have had to put our dog into quarantine for 4 months :( only 5 weeks 3 days to go now.....

Archived