need to get out more already

arrived in illawarra, which is a lovely place, albeit quiet. My problem is finding likeminded people. It is very very child/family orientated - which is ok - but when i suggested a night out to the few people i have met here (not been here long at all), everyone had some childrens sport activity to do and looked at me like i was the local wino. I am about to start work so will be doing exactly what i did in the uk, which is juggle work with the kids stuff. For me, this is the only way i can keep some identity and to have a conversation that doesnt revolve around small children. Suggested some ladies day at the races - which no-one i have met yet is even remotely interested in. Never been to one myself - but i am willing to give it a go before i knock it. Surely someone must live not solely for the kids?:huh:

Wish you lived in Melbourne, i've had this problem for a long time. Have realised i am just a mum now, which is driving me to distraction. How i would love to actually care what i wear and to go out at night to something other than the dreaded BBQ. Good luck in finding someone nearby who thinks like you and me.

Wish you lived in Melbourne, i've had this problem for a long time. Have realised i am just a mum now, which is driving me to distraction. How i would love to actually care what i wear and to go out at night to something other than the dreaded BBQ. Good luck in finding someone nearby who thinks like you and me.

hia hun

i am in melbourne x and there are a few of us honest even with kids xxx

i have been here 3 months and hubby been here 5 months x and i have to admit only been to one bbq and not even had one yourselves !! and you are not just a mum xxx

where abouts are you

i am in frankston although got to know a few people around melbourne x

carole x

Guest guest30085

Hi hun

Things will pick up in time. Once you meet people through work etc you will find like minded people - its always going to be hard at first :hug:

Anyway when I land and if I get over to your way - then you will definitely get a night out with this local wino :biggrin:

Take care and PM me if you ever want a chat xxxxx

Archived