any girls moving to queensland ?

Guest mollywhitear1

Guest mollywhitear1

Hi everyone,

My name is Molly and I'm 10 years old. Were hoping to move to the Sunshine Coast this year. I've only been on poms in oz for a few days but have come accross loads of nice messages!! Here are a few questions I would like to know:

* What are the schools like?

* What are the children like-are they friendly??

Best Wishes from Molly xx :hug::biggrin:

Guest Pommy girl 1998

hello molly im Jodie and im 11 years old

i am also moving to queensland!

love Jodie x

Guest katemax

Hi, I'm 15 and moving to Brisbane in July.

I sortof have the same questions, and I'm a bit confused about schools and such.

If you want to talk or anything email me

Katie x

Guest mollywhitear1

Hi Katie,

Have you got your visa's yet?? Have you ever been to Australia before??

From Molly xxx

Guest Pommy girl 1998
Hi, I'm 15 and moving to Brisbane in July.

I sortof have the same questions, and I'm a bit confused about schools and such.

If you want to talk or anything email me

Katie x

heyya Katie,, im mollys sister but im still younger than you im 11 and 12 this year,

we are moving near you were moving to sunshine coast but you probably already know that, im really worried about going and i dont even want to go ! if you would like to talk to me, i would be happy and ill send you my email/msn address on a pm

`Jodie ` x ; )

Guest annemarie and brian

my daughters are 12yrs and 7yrs and we are moving to either sunshine coast or gold coast and from what we saw last year we found the kids very friendly.

annemarie x

Guest katemax
Hi Katie,

Have you got your visa's yet?? Have you ever been to Australia before??

From Molly xxx

Yeah, we got our visa's quite a while ago but we had to wait until after my exams to move.

I've been to Australia twice before - in their winter in 2007 and for christmas last year. I'm a bit shy so I didn't really get to know anybody but the people that I talked to all seemed to be nice.

What time of year are you expecting to move out?

Katie x

Guest katemax
heyya Katie,, im mollys sister but im still younger than you im 11 and 12 this year,

we are moving near you were moving to sunshine coast but you probably already know that, im really worried about going and i dont even want to go ! if you would like to talk to me, i would be happy and ill send you my email/msn address on a pm

`Jodie ` x ; )

Hi, I feel exactly the same as you - I'm really dreading going! The thought of not knowing anybody really is really daunting.

I'd be happy to talk on Msn, it would be nice to talk to someone in the same situation as me :)

katie x

Guest mollywhitear1

Hi Katie,

We've only been to Australia once, Were not sure exactly when were going but hoping this year!! i will send you my email address so can email me or add me on msn.

Love from Molly xxx

Guest mollywhitear1

Hi Katie,

Why don't you want to move to Australia?? The suns always out and the beaches are lovely!!

From Molly x

Guest Pommy girl 1998
Hi, I feel exactly the same as you - I'm really dreading going! The thought of not knowing anybody really is really daunting.

I'd be happy to talk on Msn, it would be nice to talk to someone in the same situation as me :)

katie x

Heyya Katie,

yeah im completely dreading going i really dont want to go,but no matter how much i protest my parents sitll arent gunna change their minds :cry:

instead of answering your writing and stuff im kinda just repeating it sorry but yeah it would be great to talk to someone in the same situation as me since it looks like evryone else wants to go on here, and so does my whole family!

im not sure if ive already added you, but if i havent i will :)

Jodezzzzz xx ; )

Guest katemax
Hi Katie,

We've only been to Australia once, Were notsure exactly when were going but hoping this year!! Here is my email address if you want to email me or add me on msn. molly.whitear@hotmail.co.uk

Love from Molly xxx

Hi, I've added you so you should have an invite :)

And to your question - I just don't like the idea of leaving everything that I know in the UK. also, I'm really shy when it comes to talking to people and stuff I don't think that I will be able to make friends very easily. I know it seems silly but i just really dont want to go :(

Guest mollywhitear1

Hi Katie,

Yeah I got the invite and I've accepted it!!

I'm the same, I'm really worried about leaving friends and family behind. I'm a little bit shy aswell and I like Australia but its the thought of moving there, its just really scary!! I'm only 10 and yet we could be moving to the other side of the world!! By the way, when you said you had been to Australia twice before, did you like it there??

Love Molly xxx :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest r17ych

Hi girls,

I came on here because I have a 15 year old daughter who has some really nice friends, but there is always room for more. I keep telling her to come on here to help other young people with the very same fears she had in coming out here.

We moved over in December 2009 and she really really did not want to come and especially did not want to leave her family behind. She too is very shy when making new friends, but I have to say that the children over here are very very different to back home. They are so friendly and polite, and they come to you, you don't have to make that very daunting first move, so try not to worry too much, although I know you still will.

I am going to tell my daughter to come on this evening so she can talk to you all and put your minds at rest. If you ask her would she go back home now, it would be a definite NO and thats only after 6 months here.

Take care,

Raych xxx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fatstig11

Hi I am Thomas (ozzietryer13) brother and i would love to chat all the best Tom:biggrin::chatterbox::wink::cool::tongue::cry::rolleyes::cute:

Guest fatstig11

Hi I am Thomas (ozzietryer13) brother and i would love to chat all the best Tom:biggrin::chatterbox::wink::cool::tongue::cry::rolleyes::cute:

Guest Pommy girl 1998
my daughters are 12yrs and 7yrs and we are moving to either sunshine coast or gold coast and from what we saw last year we found the kids very friendly.

annemarie x

hiya anne marie, thanks for that post, is your 12 year old on this website?? if not is there any way i could speak to him/her?? I hope you see this reply as its a bit further htrough the page and a bit late,,

Thanks Jodie xx :wubclub:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest awhisperinacrowd

Yep, I'm 16 and my parents are moving me and my 3 younger sisters to Queensland in the next 6 months. We're not moving to the coast though, we're moving to Toowoomba.

Guest Pommy girl 1998

coool how old are your younger sisters? im younger than you so you probably wont want to talk to me! Jodie xx ; )

Guest Taylor72

Hi Molly,

Nice to see you have now changed your profile to something a little happier than the stressed face. Hope your feeling alittle better about the thoughts of moving x

Take care Annette x

hi molly

my daughter was 11 when we moved here - she was a bit scared to come here but she is loving it. The schools are good - there are lots to choose from and the children are friendly - join some clubs and you will soon make friends. My children did nippers when they first came here for 2 reasons - to learn about the sea and to meet other people. Nippers are the young Surf Life Savers. They meet on Sunday mornings and have fun in the sea with the Surf Life Savers . We did it at Maroochydore but there are many Surf Life Saving Clubs along the coast. All the best to you and your family

Archived