pre schools in Perth

Guest alfixie

Guest alfixie

From reading the threads I gather children do not start school till they are six. Do they have pre schools or nurserys state or private, not for all day just a few hours am or pm, my little girl whos two has just started one here and loves it. She only goes two mornings a week for 3 hours but I feel she would need something similar.

Many thanks

Marina, Rob Trixie-Blue 2 Alfonso 1

Guest thepriceclan

Hi,

As far as I am aware the kids start school the same as here but just 5 months later, in the February not September. I have a 6 year old son and he will go into year 2 in February 2008. My 3 year old will start kindergarten in February 2008, just before she is 4. At the moment she goes to state nursery 5 mornings a week but will have to wait a while when we get there in October.

Some of the school websites have a chart where you can put in your childs date of birth and it will tell you when they can start school.

I looked on www.ausiiemove.com for info on schooling in Perth.

Hope this helps.

Sarah.

Guest thepriceclan

Forgot to say they dont call it reception in Oz, they call it pre primary which is the same.

Guest alfixie

Thanks Sarah we are hopefully going to be in Perth around Oct Nov time do you know where you are heading off to?

Marina

Guest thepriceclan

Hi Marina, we are staying in Joondalup for 3 weeks and then we are looking around that area, maybe further up like Butler, Quinns Rocks. My 6 year old wreckons he is picking his new school on the colour of his uniform! Quite a few I have noticed have purple shorts and yellow tops. I don't think he will be too impressed with that. There seems to be alot of schools to pick from and as long as you live in the desired catchment area I think it is fine. Some of the primary schools are very large and have around 600 pupils, I think my son would find that a bit hard to start with. The school he is at the moment has only 200 pupils.

Might see you there!

Sarah.

Archived