Consent sworn by who???

trace1

Am a bit confused..I have read on here that even if you have your ex husbands consent to take young children to Australia you need it to be written, signed and sworn either by a court or a solicitor..which makes sense..I have been in touch with both the court and a solicitor..the court state that I do not need permission by them unless my ex is objecting to me taking them out of the country..the solicitor stated that they would sign and swear the declaration which I have made out for a charge of £5..my confusion comes in though because I have read on this site that some people have had their own declaration signed and sworn in court and some by a solicitor for a charge of around £80..both parties I assume must be present..I do not want to go through the process of going to this solicitor only to find that this is not enough and not what is required for my visa application as the charges seem to differ quite a lot..but they have stated that this is the normal charge to have a declaration of any type sworn..can anyone help pls??

Trace

Guest guest36187

I`d be going to the solicitor to ensure that you get the correct advice. When it comes to your children you need to make sure that things are done right. If you do a search on here you will find many threads talking about similar things

Has your ex given you permission to take the kids?

Good Luck x

Hi I had to get my ex husband to sign an affidavit sworn infront of a solicitor to let me take my girls out of the country, you don't need to go to the solicitors with him if you don't want to. I went with my ex because I had to pay, and 2 because I wanted to post the form straight away to my agent.

I have a blank copy of the affidavit that my agent sent to me where I had to fill in the girls names and D.O.B and my ex's details. I am more than happy to email you the form if it would help? The solicitor charged me 5 GBP to do it and he even did me a certified copy for my own records.

Tracey

Archived