Possibly moving to Perth, Australia...

Guest britgirl123

Guest britgirl123

Helllooo, Im a fourteen year old girl and its a possibilty that i might be moving to Perth as we are in the process of applying for our visas. We've already been over and stayed in Perth for a month and i love the idea of living out there permenantly its just Im kindaa worried though that if we do move i wont fit in being the 'english girl' and that it will hard to make friends at a new school at the other side of the world. Im excited about the idea of moving just wanna know some more information about it all from anyone else whos in the process of or already has moved,, thanks... :) x

Guest AimeeLT

hello britgirl123

I'm 16 so a little older and actually moving to sydney in two months straight after my gcses. Another way at looking at the whole situation being an " english girl" is that infact they will be actually really interested in you. However try to focus on more positive things than negative and just get excited! I went to perth a a year ago and thought it was lovely with an amazing beach! I'm sure you'll do just great there. Good luck :)

Guest MICHAEL POOLE

hi i'm beth i an possibly moving to perth this summer and i am 10 years old i am a bit worried about leaving all my friends but i have family out there so hopefully it will make things easiea,i really want to move but i no i will definatly miss all of my friends also i am worried that any of my friends move somewere else and i lose touch with them. eanyway were about in perth are u moving to ?? we are going north of the river near jundulip,we have got our visa but we are still waiting for some one to buy our house hope everything work's out for u thanks ... xx :)

Guest britgirl123
hi i'm beth i an possibly moving to perth this summer and i am 10 years old i am a bit worried about leaving all my friends but i have family out there so hopefully it will make things easiea,i really want to move but i no i will definatly miss all of my friends also i am worried that any of my friends move somewere else and i lose touch with them. eanyway were about in perth are u moving to ?? we are going north of the river near jundulip,we have got our visa but we are still waiting for some one to buy our house hope everything work's out for u thanks ... xx :)

hiii beth, i know what you mean about missing your friends and not wanting to lose touch with them but i know a girl whos just moved back from Adelaide and its asif shes liveed their all her life. She made friends immedietly and it was harder for her to move back to england than to move to australia so i guess its gotta be quite easy to make friends and, when we stayed in perth we stayed in Joondalup too and looked at houses on Burns Beach. And my family are pretty keen to buy somewhere on there so quite possible near to youu :) x

Guest britgirl123
hello britgirl123

I'm 16 so a little older and actually moving to sydney in two months straight after my gcses. Another way at looking at the whole situation being an " english girl" is that infact they will be actually really interested in you. However try to focus on more positive things than negative and just get excited! I went to perth a a year ago and thought it was lovely with an amazing beach! I'm sure you'll do just great there. Good luck :)

Thankyouu :) I guess you've just gotta get on with things rather than worrying about the negatives all the time and i hope everything goes really well for you with the move and everything. Im sure you'll love it and tell me how you've settled in with everything when you get there? :) x

Hi girls,

My children were 11 and 7 when we moved. (15 and 10 now). My daughter (eldest) was very worried about leaving all her friends behind. We knew which area we were coming to and also which school she was going to go to ... so the principle got her a pen-pal before she came. She chatted to her on msn and was introduced to some of her new classmates. It made that first day so much easier as although they'd never met in person she had an idea what people were like. Ask your parents to approach your new school about something similar (if you know which one you'll be going to)>

My daughter said that you're never the new girl for very long, Australia is always getting migrants so someone new is always coming along. She found people to be welcoming and she made friends, but is still in touch with a lot of her old friends via FB etc.,

Your parents will probably be equally as anxious about making friends, starting new jobs etc., and to be honest ... you'll all probably make friends much more quickly than they will.

Have a great time in Australia xx

Guest AimeeLT
Thankyouu :) I guess you've just gotta get on with things rather than worrying about the negatives all the time and i hope everything goes really well for you with the move and everything. Im sure you'll love it and tell me how you've settled in with everything when you get there? :) x

youve got it in one! two months today! aaah. i will let you know everything that is going on as soon as i get there and espically about schools to put your mind at ease :) :cute:

Guest britgirl123

eek, thankyouuu; good luck :) x

youve got it in one! two months today! aaah. i will let you know everything that is going on as soon as i get there and espically about schools to put your mind at ease :) :cute:

Guest britgirl123

Hiii, well im not definatly sure yet but around the Burns Beach/Iluka/Joondalup sort of area near Hilary's, north of the river. Where abouts are you heading? x

hi, I am also 14 and moving to Perth sometime soon. We have our visas and everything, we're just waiting for our house to sell in the UK. Where abouts in Perth are you moving too?

@britgirl123

Ah, cool. I went to Hillarys when I was on holiday there in August09

I'm moving south of the river to the rockingham/baldivis area :)

I'm actually really excited about going. I'll like miss all my friends and family but Australia seems amazing!

Have you ever been before?

Guest britgirl123

Ahh, i know where you mean. We looked at some really nice houses in Baldivis but we thought it was a bit far out for us.

We went like the christmas just gone for a month to try out living the aussie life and i reallly loved it and it'd be like my dream to live there but id just miss my friends and family tons and id find it wierd having to settle in again at like the other side of the world :/:) x

Yeah it is quite far out, still near the coast but more towards the country side :)

I don't mind though! I just want a swimming pool in my backgarden :D

I went in August, so like there winter but it was still pretty warm :)

I really loved it when I went too! I went to look at a few schools and all of the students seemed nice but leaving my friends is going to be sooooo hard! Obviously I'll miss my family aswell!

I'm trying to stay positive though because I know that in the long run, it will be the best for me and my brother, and for my mum and dad aswell :)

I hope I fit in though. my mums friend lives in Perth, she lives like quite south down in Bunbury. She's lived there for 12 years now so her 3 children have quite strong aussie accents and they were fascinated with how I spoke and wanted me to repeat loads of things :L

I wouldn't mind that, aslong as people are nice :) xx

Guest mollywhitear1

Hi,

I'm Molly and I'm 10 years old. I don't know if you want to talk to me or not as your four years older than me.

I wouldn't worry about the schools because I'm the same! Also someone sent me a message on here saying that the schools are lovely and everyone wants to be your friend, so I really wouldn't worry.

Hope to speak to you soon.

Best Wishes from Molly xx :biggrin:

Guest mollywhitear1

Hi,

When we went on holiday to Australia we went to see a school!

No, I'm not moving to Perth I'm moving to Queensland!!

Best Wishes From Molly xx

Hi girls, remember there is a private message facility for you to use to chat to each other too ... that way people won't be able to see too many personal details about you (anyone can view these pages and don't have to be a member .. but only you can see your private messages).

It's great that you're going to chat to each other - makes the move easier when you can talk to someone who understands what you're going through.

Ali x

Guest britgirl123

aha, yeah same. I dont mind what type of house we get aslong as they'res a pretty big pool in the garden :) and yeeh i agree with you, theres no point being all negative about it because in the long run it would be preety amazing after you settle in and everything :) and yeeeeh, the accent thing could be preety wierd cause its happened at my school now with people moving from loads of places and everyones like, wow say that again but it cant take long before theres some other 'new' person and everyone just takess you as the same as everyone else :) xxx

Yeah it is quite far out, still near the coast but more towards the country side :)

I don't mind though! I just want a swimming pool in my backgarden :D

I went in August, so like there winter but it was still pretty warm :)

I really loved it when I went too! I went to look at a few schools and all of the students seemed nice but leaving my friends is going to be sooooo hard! Obviously I'll miss my family aswell!

I'm trying to stay positive though because I know that in the long run, it will be the best for me and my brother, and for my mum and dad aswell :)

I hope I fit in though. my mums friend lives in Perth, she lives like quite south down in Bunbury. She's lived there for 12 years now so her 3 children have quite strong aussie accents and they were fascinated with how I spoke and wanted me to repeat loads of things :L

I wouldn't mind that, aslong as people are nice :) xx

aha, yeah same. I dont mind what type of house we get aslong as they'res a pretty big pool in the garden :) and yeeh i agree with you, theres no point being all negative about it because in the long run it would be preety amazing after you settle in and everything :) and yeeeeh, the accent thing could be preety wierd cause its happened at my school now with people moving from loads of places and everyones like, wow say that again but it cant take long before theres some other 'new' person and everyone just takess you as the same as everyone else :) xxx

Yeah. I can't wait to actually go now!

I hope it's soon! I'm getting bored of not knowing when I'm going to be going because I can't like tell my friends when I'll be going because I don't know myself :(

But yeah, I can't wait to go :) xx

Guest britgirl123

I know what you meaan! im so desperate to know if we've got the visas through cause then the house can go up for sale and i can tell people and stuff and then thats when it really starts to get exciting aha :) I hope everything goes alright for you and it's not long before your over there! Chat Soon? xx

Guest mollywhitear1

Hi Elizabeth,

Were going to Caloundra in the Sunshine Coast! I'm glad were pen pals!!!

From Molly xx :)

I know what you meaan! im so desperate to know if we've got the visas through cause then the house can go up for sale and i can tell people and stuff and then thats when it really starts to get exciting aha :) I hope everything goes alright for you and it's not long before your over there! Chat Soon? xx

I know, we've had our visas for quite a while now so it feels like I've been waiting for ages! I've already told people but make sure when you do that all of your close friends know first because before I was supposed to tell anyone, I'd told 1 person and it went round my whole year that I was moving and my friends didn't find out from me like I would have wanted them too :(

But, it's all right now because everyone knows!

Thankyou, I hope you get your visas soon and can get there too :)

I'll pm you my msn if you want?

xx

Hi Elizabeth,

Were going to Caloundra in the Sunshine Coast! I'm glad were pen pals!!!

From Molly xx :)

Cool! I've just looked it up on google maps and your going to be really close to the beach!!

I'm glad we're penpals too :)

Do you have msn? I'll Pm you my msn address if you want?

xx

Archived