Alice Springs

Guest kcah74

Guest kcah74

My husband has possible job opportunity for Alice Springs. Its not where we thought we would end up as we were looking at WA & QLD but we want to research all opportunities. Can anyone tell me more about Alice Springs ? We have 2 children aged 9 & 11 and for me they are the main priority as we want to give them a good life wherever we go. We are a happy family, looking for different experiences/adventures.

Any info on Alice Springs would be much appreciated.

Guest siamsusie
My husband has possible job opportunity for Alice Springs. Its not where we thought we would end up as we were looking at WA & QLD but we want to research all opportunities. Can anyone tell me more about Alice Springs ? We have 2 children aged 9 & 11 and for me they are the main priority as we want to give them a good life wherever we go. We are a happy family, looking for different experiences/adventures.

Any info on Alice Springs would be much appreciated.

Hi there, there have been a few posts on Alice Springs if you use the search button. One of my sisters in laws lives there and I have visited a couple of times. It is bush as you know even though it is by the Todd river which in the main is dried up. Very hot during the summer and cold in the winter. It is an acquired taste for the adventurer, I find it fascinating, culturally and environmentally. The famous Ghan goes through Alice, leading you to Adelaide..... trains accessing you to Darwin... The Aborigine community make up approx 17% of the population.

There are a fair few schools in Alice (16/17), a hospital & The Royal Flying Doctor Service) , shopping arcade...

Fly in fly out (FIFO) is prevalent from other cities to the Alice mines.

Alice is about 450 k from Ayers Rock

Property prices are expensive for anything decent you are looking at around the $425,000 mark upwards, units come slightly cheaper. There is a US base approx 20k outside of Alice.

Personally I would be looking at your husband's overall salary package, does it include accomodation, electricity, Air con is expensive to run!.... what schooling is available... what sort of activities your children enjoy etc.

I would live there for a few years, there is a good opportunity with the right circumstances of saving substantial funds, sophisticated it is not, but my requirements are simple.

I have lived for 4 years in a mining town over west (by the sea) have loved the life, have seen and done so much away from the materialistic aspect of life... One man's meat is another mans poison ...

If you do your research well (preferably do a reccie!) you might find this will suit you or you could be mortified.... its very much a "roll up your sleeves and get stuck in type of place"... whatever your decision...Very best wishes Susie:wubclub:

• 2 months later...
Guest wiccanwitch

there has been a few post on alice springs

i for one would go there in a shot if i could couse at the end of the day you would only have to stay there for 3-4 yrs then you can move anywere in oz

for us oz is never ment to be scott my OH sufferd a stroke at the age of 39

i am now working fulltime as a care assistant

time is running out due to my age

alice springs isnt for everyone couse most who want to move to oz want the sea sun and sand life and the big house life

i am more of the if i have shops and work i really dont care were i am person

but like most say do loads of research

and good luck:biggrin:

Guest Gollywobbler
there has been a few post on alice springs

i for one would go there in a shot if i could couse at the end of the day you would only have to stay there for 3-4 yrs then you can move anywere in oz

for us oz is never ment to be scott my OH sufferd a stroke at the age of 39

i am now working fulltime as a care assistant

time is running out due to my age

alice springs isnt for everyone couse most who want to move to oz want the sea sun and sand life and the big house life

i am more of the if i have shops and work i really dont care were i am person

but like most say do loads of research

and good luck:biggrin:

Hi Sue

OMGG. I had no idea about Scott. How is he?

I wouldn't even consider Australia in your shoes now. hun. Scott is a million times more important.

When did he suffer a stroke?

Hugs

Gill

xxx

Guest wiccanwitch

hi gill

scott sufferd the stroke in feb while he was still only 38 it was a big shock to us all:shocked: he has sort of recoverd but still has relapses now

thank you for asking gill

we realise that oz is a no no now but like you said scott is far more inportant than living the dream

we now have bought a static caravan down the east coast and we try to get down there as often as we can scott loves it and if it was left to us we would live in it all yr round but our site shuts down for 3 months of the yr

anyway how are you ?

hugs

susan xx

Archived