MONEYBOOKERS + Credit card Fraud

mrcatania

Does anyone know anything about Moneyboookers.com? Don't know anything about them, but assume you can transfer money overseas etc etc.

Some cretin has managed to clone my visa card or get my visa card details and has used it to transfer USD250 worth on that site. Within 1 day Natwest had sent me a letter to call their fraud tream immediately. Whatever moneybookers do, has triggered alarm bells straight away. Thumbs up for natwest.

I never use my visa card here due to the dire exchange rate so I have no idea how they got my details, but I guess it can be very easy, after all, every hotel will ask for your card details at checkin,even if you have already paid so who knows.

It is lucky I found this out as my mail only gets sent to me once a month in bulk. Looks like they are refunding it, even though this event was 7 weeks ago.

Just a plug for St George Credit Cards as they show on the internet banking any new transactions awaiting authorisation almost immediately so so you can see the latest trasnactions at a glance.....WARNING..scary to track the other half as she goes through the town and shopping centre on a spree!

Archived