Act ss

gordonnes

Hi All,lokking for a bit of info,SS recieved 20th march,any idea what the timeline is for visas to be granted,have recieved a shockin mail from agent,

Congrats on getting your SS. We have also put through our application for SS for the ACT. We put ours through on 2nd March. Do you mind me asking how long you were waiting for your SS to be granted and were you normal priority? Im not sure about the timeline but I have heard that the ACT are trying to get all their SS into Category 2 which in affect doesnt seem to exist at the moment and Im not sure if this is only people talking or if it is actual fact. We are in the same position in that we really arent sure what the timeline will be either

Suzanne

hi there,yes we where normal priority and our SS took about 12-15 weeks fron date agent sent to ACT,hope you get good news soon

Hope so too - fingers crossed - lets hope the new revelations of the SOL at the end of April will shine some light on the whole timeline issue.

Hi All,lokking for a bit of info,SS recieved 20th march,any idea what the timeline is for visas to be granted,have recieved a shockin mail from agent,

Being State Sponsored you are now currently in Priority 5 (Cat 5). DIAC has said that people in Cat 5-7 should not expect any movement on their visas until 2012 at the earliest. However, there are some exceptions where people have already submitted meds that are about to expire, but this will not apply to you.

There is some possible good news though with the new State Migration Plan (SMP) which will boost certain people up to Cat 2, which will have much quicker processing. ACT has said that they hope to push all of their SS applicants into this group, and are hoping that this is done some time around July. My guess is that it would then be a 6-12 month wait.

However, DIAC does have the final say on what occupations ACT is allowed to move into this higher priority, so ACT may not get their wish. All we can do now is wait until the middle of the year.

Archived