How do you turn off to it??????

Guest glennandkate

Guest glennandkate

I am obsessed - I only sent off my TRA last week - I know it was only delivered on Tuesday and I know the TRA dont email - So why am I checking me emails to see if they are going to acknowledge the bloody thing. I am checking the letterbox 10 times aday just on the off chance the postie decided to deliver at 6 pm..... If I am like this now what will I be like when I send off the Visa forms?? :?

I thought the waiting would be OK but I am really stressing - I will be a nervous wreck in 6 months. :wink:

Has anyone got any tips for coping?????

Please help

Katie

PS Celebrity Big Brother wont work :roll:

Guest jackie1

Hi Katie,

I understand how you are feeling. If only we could be told when to expect these things we could relax a little and get on with our lives. It is the not knowing that really gets you down.

I have found that giving myself a date in the future when I expect it to arrive has helped. I then try to switch off (lol) until that date AND THEN THE STRESS BUILDS AGAIN.

Try to make the most of your time still in this country, visit friends, get you finances in order etc all the things you wont have time to do when the visa finally comes through.

Good luck, the waiting is hell.

Jackie.

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi,

I would guess that the majority of applicants have/are in the same boat. One of my New Years resolution was to stop going onto this site, stop looking at Houses and weather etc ....

But heyhoo another one broken.

We sent our application in November and thought that we would be out latter end of this year but i know that this will not happen. We have booked to go back on Holiday in December so thats what we are looking at anything else in the mean time is a bonus.

All i could suggest is save up like mad whilst you are still over here, what about going on Holiday in Europe while it is still on your door step and only a few hours by plane. How about getting a qualification over here as this will help your out no end over in OZ.

Sit back and enjoy the dark mornings early nights, the rain, miserable people aahhhwwww with all this do you really want to leave :)

Best of luck and eveything comes to he/she who waits........

Hi,

We sent our application in November and thought that we would be out latter end of this year but i know that this will not happen. We have booked to go back on Holiday in December so thats what we are looking at anything else in the mean time is a bonus.

Best of luck and eveything comes to he/she who waits........

We're in the same boat - application sent at the end of november and confirmation recieved a week later. Our house is on the market, so most weekends are full of cleaning and tidying at present.

I have a grand plan of taking lots of video of Scotland and of the kids, so that, in ten years time when they've lost their accents, we can dig out all the movies and have a giggle :)

The waiting is tortuous, though - we probably have at least five months to go, not counting the dreadful 40 days waiting for the police report to arrive (which will hold up everything else) - just trying to keep busy. It's very demoralising though, because all I seem to do is think up things to worry about ;-)

Choobs

Hi Katie,

I found that drinking lots of gin helped!!!!!

There really isnt a way to turn off - sorry, and it will only get worse, believe me.!!!!!!

You just have to deal with it and try not to bore your friends rigid talking about it all the time. Thats why sites like this are really good.

Which part of Oz are yu thinking of?

Regards

Cookie ( hic hic )

Guest glennandkate

Thanks for all your replies - particularly like the Gin and European holidays :wink:

Hopefully (fingers crossed) we wil be going to Queensland - Mackay Sarina and Rockhampton all look appealing but saying that we have a lot of friends in Perth who are begging us to go there so maybe we will change our minds between now and getting a yes. I think both regions have fors and againsts. But hey whats another decision...As if we haven't got enough with when to sell house, when to get medicals, when to tell friends, wether to ship or sell car etc etc on top of trying to convince my 12yr old daughter that it is a great opportunity for her...(shes refusing to go at the moment and has asked her Nan for the spare bedroom)

I wont know what to do with my time when this is all over - mind you I will probably be banging my head against a padded cell door :lol:

Katie

Hi,

I am so excited, me and my boyfriend have just been granted our visas!!!!! Wow!!!

We applied for a Skilled Independent Regional Visa, going to South Australia and it only took 2 months and 21 days after submitting the visa application.

I was very impatient, and we weren't expecting to hear anything until at least the end of February. I check my emails every day though. I hadn't checked them since last Thursday and when I just checked now - it was there waiting!!!

Brilliant!

I had trouble waiting just under three months so good luck to everybody!

:D :lol: :D :lol:

Guest glennandkate
Hi,

I am so excited, me and my boyfriend have just been granted our visas!!!!! Wow!!!

We applied for a Skilled Independent Regional Visa, going to South Australia and it only took 2 months and 21 days after submitting the visa application.

I was very impatient, and we weren't expecting to hear anything until at least the end of February. I check my emails every day though. I hadn't checked them since last Thursday and when I just checked now - it was there waiting!!!

Brilliant!

I had trouble waiting just under three months so good luck to everybody!

:D :lol: :D :lol:

Congratulations - I bet you cant believe it...That is so quick. Your paperwork must of been really organised and thorough.

Well Done and Good Luck with your new life :D

Katie

Hi Katie,

I found pulling your hair out dosen't work.

Throwing a ball against the wall just agrovats the neighours.

Smashing the car into a wall really hurts

So I guess you'll just have to wait like the rest of us and go mental with all the WAITING.................................................... ha har he he.

Guest glennandkate
Hi Katie,

I found pulling your hair out dosen't work.

Throwing a ball against the wall just agrovats the neighours.

Smashing the car into a wall really hurts

So I guess you'll just have to wait like the rest of us and go mental with all the WAITING.................................................... ha har he he.

Cheers for that Bonzer. I am actually feeling a little better today as I have finally got confirmation from the TRA that they have our application. I couriered it on 6th of this month and hadn't heard a thing til today. Kept getting these weird things going on in my head that it had been delivered to the wrong person and they had thrown all our hard work in the bin... :roll:

Archived