176 Visa to SA

JoRed4

We attended the Down Under Live Seminar in Leeds this weekend; plans have changed. Originally I thought we had enough points for a 175, turns out we don't unless OH does an English exam, which he knows he wouldn't pass, not sure I would either to be honest! So State Sponsorship it is... We had always planned on Melbourne; however Victoria does not sponsor Landscape Gardeners. Our options are WA & SA. Due to the nature of the work my OH will be doing i.e. outside manual labour, he is opting for SA, i.e. Adelaide as the weather won't be as hot or as wet.

Does anybody know what the general timescale of SS to SA is? My OH also has to obtain an AQF III, providing we get the first part of that off this week, does anyone have any idea how long that process takes. We were informed at the seminar that the "changes" will be announced at the end of April, taking effect from the 1st July. Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not if our application has not reached visa process status by then; is Landscape Gardener likely to remain on the State sponsor list for SA?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jo - 28; Office Manager & Mike - 27 Landscape Gardener

Archived