Wa ssv expiry

clanstewarts

Hi all, can any one help me?

I am tied to the UK until 2012 but have applied for my TRA assessment, but wish to get my SSV from WA, but do not want to apply too early in case there is an expiry date.i want to apply for my 176 next spring to ensure if it is granted early i am still within my year to activate it after june 2012.

Is there an expiry date for WA SSV?

Guest VickyMel

Hiya

Can't answer re the length the WA SS is valid for - you might pop into this thread and ask. You might look at how long it is currently taking to get the SS as well.

Take a look at the front page of this thread (run by the lovely Kelly) with a list of WA SS applicants - it looks like they are currently giving SS to people who applied to WA in Sept 09.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/61412-wa-state-sponser-update-where-you-now.html#post502355

The VIC SS is valid for 6 months - and you must attach it to a DIAC visa application within that 6 months. Once attached it remains valid (which is useful as we will probably be waiting 1-3 years by the look of things!).

Are you aware that it is taking some time to grant 176 Visas at the moment - DIAC are warning 2-3 years (although this may change relating to state migration plans expected in the middle of this year?)

Plus once you have been granted your visa - you have to take a trip to Oz to validate it. You can either stay permanently at that time - or once you have validated the visa you can go back to the UK and come back within a 5 year period.

Good luck

VickyMel

Archived