AUSTRALIANS have never had it so good

kernow43

Commonwealth Securities chief economist Craig James says a new measurement tool launched today shows that Australians are indeed living in prosperous times.

The CommSec National Performance Gauge stood at a record high at the end of 2009, rising four per cent over the past year when other countries were trying to cope with global financial crisis.

While the recent Australian Bureau of Statistics national accounts data showed Australia outperformed the rest of the world in 2009, the data indicates how the broader economy fared rather than individuals

Australians living in prosperous times, says CommSec | Courier Mail

Commonwealth Securities chief economist Craig James says a new measurement tool launched today shows that Australians are indeed living in prosperous times.

The CommSec National Performance Gauge stood at a record high at the end of 2009, rising four per cent over the past year when other countries were trying to cope with global financial crisis.

While the recent Australian Bureau of Statistics national accounts data showed Australia outperformed the rest of the world in 2009, the data indicates how the broader economy fared rather than individuals

Australians living in prosperous times, says CommSec | Courier Mail

Strange, no comments, maybe it is too good of news for some. I wonder if it was good news about the UK how many replies there would have been!

Doesn't worry me though I find it quite amusing.:biglaugh:

Strange, no comments, maybe it is too good of news for some. I wonder if it was good news about the UK how many replies there would have been!

Doesn't worry me though I find it quite amusing.:biglaugh:

waiting for your comment:wink:

I think it is great news but no others do, that is my comment!

what about that bloke who can only afford to eat dog food that the aussie tv wheels out each year:laugh: what does he think.

Anyway re; your link, wanna bet i can't find an article to the contrary?:wink:

off out now, be back about lunch time to see what google brings me......

what about that bloke who can only afford to eat dog food that the aussie tv wheels out each year:laugh: what does he think.

Anyway re; your link, wanna bet i can't find an article to the contrary?:wink:

off out now, be back about lunch time to see what google brings me......

I know it really irks you Aldo:jiggy:

Guest chris955

Well I posted a good news article about the UK last week and no comments, so my guess would be none. :biggrin:

With housing at an all time unaffordable level I'm not sure everyone would agree. It's good news but as Aldo says it wouldn't be hard to find one that contradicts it :wink:

Well I posted a good news article about the UK last week and no comments, so my guess would be none. :biggrin:

With housing at an all time unaffordable level I'm not sure everyone would agree. It's good news but as Aldo says it wouldn't be hard to find one that contradicts it :wink:

for every positive there is a negative,as you would agree. So if some people wan to run around Google to satisfy their ego, thats fine by me Chris.

Thanks for your comment though.

Families in fear of 'fuel poverty' as energy costs soar | News.com.au

I agree with you and I agree that for those in their own homes on a good wage it is good times indeed.

That can happen as it has in an apartment in our block, the young family had their A/C going 24/7, when I checked their meter it read twice as much as ours,over the 9 months the building was new.

Our bill for a family of 3 adults is $300 per quarter, that is running 2 fridges and a freezer. You have to be alert and careful.

As you see in that report their bill jumped from $500 to $1700 because of a pool and Plasma TV.

All I can say if you don't complain they should expect it.

You will find these hardluck stories everywhere.

Archived