Medical query??

Guest LeeJane

Guest LeeJane

Hi,

We are at the skills assessment stage, so quite early on, but I have a query regarding the medical.

Can someone tell me what tests are carried out?. I have a knee problem which will require surgery and am not sure whether to have the operation done yet for fear of not passing the medical.

Thanks

Lee

Guest adriang
Hi,

We are at the skills assessment stage, so quite early on, but I have a query regarding the medical.

Can someone tell me what tests are carried out?. I have a knee problem which will require surgery and am not sure whether to have the operation done yet for fear of not passing the medical.

Thanks

Lee

I had my medical a month ago. And I can say it was a pretty high level check, basically a 'drop and cough' and some questions. If you are on crutches, then the doc is going to see, and will ask something. There is a form to complete, where issues are *supposed* to be declaired. I guess it is up to you to decide if your knee issue is worth mentioning.

Any idea if front-loading medicals are worthwhile??From my research it seems pretty 50:50 whether its worth it or not...

karni

Guest adriang
Hi,

Thanks

Lee

I had my medical a month ago. And I can say it was a pretty high level check, basically a 'drop and cough' and some questions. If you are on crutches, then the doc is going to see, and will ask something. There is a form to complete, where issues are *supposed* to be declaired. I guess it is up to you to decide if your knee issue is worth mentioning.

I've just found out that the 2 forms are forms 26 and 160. Which can be found on the Aus Immigration website, so you can download them and take a look to get an idea on what is involved. http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/

Guest adriang
Any idea if front-loading medicals are worthwhile??From my research it seems pretty 50:50 whether its worth it or not...

karni

I front loaded mine, but I'm applying under the Employer Nominated Scheme (ENS) so is worth it, because once I've got all the paper work (skills assessment is the bottleneck), my visa should take a few weeks to process.

Archived