Motor Mechanic Vetassess Practical May '10 - tips anyone????

Guest Rushu

Guest Rushu

Hi Everyone,

I just found out I passed the written assessment for Vetassess and have booked my practical for May 2010 (Motor Mechanic).

Has anyone sat it recently? If so what did the test really involve? (I know what they say on the Vetassess website but was looking for a 1st hand account of what they tested, how formal it was, what the pressure is like etc).

I'm not sure where to focus my efforts on in preparing for it so was hoping someone has some info they could share! All hints / advice / tips gratefully received :biggrin:

Thanks

Steve

Guest ebstar

Hi i sat it in oct its nothing to worry about.I got there and had to choose a car to carry out various tasks. Loads of time to do it,they are very friendly.If you know how to do what you have put in your written assesment you will breeze it.No worries.

Guest Rushu

Thanks Ebstar,

Managed to complete the written without too many problems and got a Level 1 result. Only area I haven't done anything on in a while was welding. What sort of things did they get you to look at on the cars? Oh, and sorry to be such a pain, but how long after the practical did you get your result?

Cheers !!

:jiggy:

Hi Rushu,

Hope I allieviate your fears, I was panic stricken about this test, mine was in July 09, found it very informal, nervous at first but guys really put you at ease. They realise that they know what you are talking about and leave you to it. I was asked to complete tasks that were relevant to an everyday workshop situation from removal and re-fitting of timing belts to sensor test checks, and cooling system checks. There were lots of other things, but these were the tests that I was asked to carry out, using auto data facility on a computer. I took my own multi meter, as I felt comfortable using my own equipment,as youre allowed to do. Anything else you need to ask feel free. Hope this helps .

Carl

Guest Rushu

Thanks Carl, that's really positive news. I was starting to worry about how much preparation / swatting up to do in advance but it seems more like everyday stauff rather than them trying to cath you out with complicated things!!

Cheers

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived