Would Anyone recommend Wallan?

rachuk1

I have been looking for places to live that are within easy commute to St Kilda Road, which is close to Melbourne CBD.

I have found some lovely houses in Wallan which is north of CBD. 1 hour Commute which is ok.

Does anyone know anything about Wallan? I have 3 kids aged 15, 13 and 10 and I need to ensure that there are schools close by and that it is also a nice area to live. I have tried looking on Google but it doesn’t show much information.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Passed by many many times but do not know much about that side of the city. Have a look at the council web site its a mine of information about the area Mitchell Shire Council Home Page

If you are thinking of living that far out then you might like to look at Bacchus Marsh area as its becoming popular due to price of houses.

Also have a look at the Metlink site which gives all the transport to and from the city. Its a good idea to live on or near a train line if you are considering living on the fringe as driving is bad in the rush hour from all areas, plus parking is expensive in the city as well. http://www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/

Archived