Big cockroaches...getting the better of me!

Guest LynzLove

Guest siamsusie

[quote=

BTW - in Cambodia they eat cockroaches and say they are delicious. Not tried them myself but have had grasshoppers and they're nice. Once you've eaten insects you see them in a different light.

Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam Thailand, they are considered a delicacy. I do become a vegetarian during these offerings:biggrin:

yukkk yukkkk ive had cockys , gheckos, this one had an upturned glass and a coaster and evicted !, spiders , mice , catterpiller......in the houses since we moved here cannot stand them SHUDDDDERR ... must say spray spray and more spray , will def get my self a lavender tree or three!

the house is better since we have had the pest yearly spray done though!

Guest siamsusie
yukkk yukkkk ive had cockys , gheckos, spiders , mice in the houses since we moved here cannot stand them SHUDDDDERR ... must say spray spray and more spray , will def get my self a lavender tree or three!

the house is better since we have had the pest yearly spray done though!

Simmer cockroaches in vinegar. Then boil with butter, farina flour, pepper and salt to make a paste. Spread on buttered bread.

Simmer cockroaches in vinegar. Then boil in butter, farina flour , pepper and salt to make a paste, and then spread on buttered bread:tongue:

Delicious!

xx

Simmer cockroaches in vinegar. Then boil with butter, farina flour, pepper and salt to make a paste. Spread on buttered bread.

Simmer cockroaches in vinegar. Then boil in butter, farina flour , pepper and salt to make a paste, and then spread on buttered bread:tongue:

Delicious!

xx

ooooerrrrr sorry my dear , ill go with sticky rice ..:wink:im semi veggie ! lol

Guest LynzLove
BTW - in Cambodia they eat cockroaches and say they are delicious. Not tried them myself but have had grasshoppers and they're nice. Once you've eaten insects you see them in a different light.

Also, ladybirds are beetles and so are cockroaches. Most people happily co-exist with ladybirds and don't mind them walking over their hands - so why should cockroaches be so different?

Noooo way man.

There is absolutely zero chance of me ever eating a cockroach!:confused:

I am a vegetarian though (Full vegetarian lol) but still...My lord.

Before I started to be vegetarian (Which was way before the cockroach incident hehe :wink:) I ate a chocolate covered giant ant - and, well.... It didn't stay eaten for too long.

I agree about the lady bug thing, and I have no problem with SMALL insects just massive ones... If a ladybug was that big I would try and evict it too.

I personally believe that if something is alive and not doing any harm, leave it be - but it makes for difficult dinner preparation if there is a big ol' roach staring at ya!

Delicious!

xx

Thanks SS, was enjoying my bacon sandy for breakie then had to make a mad dash to chunder in the gazunder :eek:

Maureen.

Guest siamsusie
Thanks SS, was enjoying my bacon sandy for breakie then had to make a mad dash to chunder in the gazunder

Maureen.

:mad:That was unkind of me Dorrydo, it was written under the influence of a lovely bottle of 2009 Pinotage Western Cape:tongue:sorry about your sanger:hug:

:mad:That was unkind of me Dorrydo, it was written under the influence of a lovely bottle of 2009 Pinotage Western Cape:tongue:sorry about your sanger:hug:

That's okay Susie, probably didn't didn't help due to the fact that I uncorked a bottle of Hardys Cab Sav Regional Reserve 2004 last night and maybe had one glass toooooooo many. One should never open a bottle when one is drinking alone.:wacko: Will use the rest of the bottle for cooking.

:hug:

Guest siamsusie
That's okay Susie, probably didn't didn't help due to the fact that I uncorked a bottle of Hardys Cab Sav Regional Reserve 2004 last night and maybe had one glass toooooooo many. One should never open a bottle when one is drinking alone.:wacko: Will use the rest of the bottle for cooking.

One couldnt help it Dorrydo, this stuff was like Port, so so morish!:tongue: x

hmmmm my house smells like great aunt mabels i've lavendered it to the eyeballs!! so hoping this is good in the last line of defence ................ against little critters!:unsure:

Firstly sorry for the long post:

To repel these creepy crawlies try any of the following: :eek:

1) To 100 ml of water add 10 drops of Eucalyptus oil, wipe over bench top surfaces, inside cupboards, draws, kitchen bins,etc. Wipestraigh Eucalyptus oil around drain holes in bathroom, laundry, kitchen sinks and external doorframes. Also add eucalyptus oil to hot water when washing floors.

2) Place cucumber peelings and / or bay leaves (fresh)in cupboards and replace when dried out.

3) Cockroach traps: do not throw out those empty butter or margerine containers, place a banana skin or bacon scraps inside and leave over night. They can get in but cant get out because of the grease around the top of the container.

4) Soak a rag in beer and place in a shallow container over night in the infested area. In the morning dispose of the drunken cockroaches and silverfish.

5) Mix 2/3rds of a cup of mashed potato (mash the potato in the water the potato has been boiled in) with 1/3rd of a cup of baking powder, roll into marble size balls and place in cupboards. Cockraochs will eat the balls and gas will build up in their stomachs which will explode and they die.

6) Mix together equal parts of borax and sugar, place in lids and leave wherever cockroaches are a problem. This will last up to one year.

Any of the above are worth a try.

Dorrydo :biggrin:

Archived