Vetasess

Nick and sez

Hi, I done mine last year, don't worry about it, just read up on your gas and the rest is just basic plumbing.

The hardest part is carring all your tools from the main car park up the big hill and along to the class room.

If you need to know anything, I can try and help (not saying I know everything, but I will try help).

I must add, the old guy who is there to supply tools and show you how to use the equipment is great, if he gives any advice, take it on-board.

Guest nsc50

Hello, Oh and myself are hoping that he will be able to do his plumbing practical in June although at the moment we are still waiting for a reply to the skills assessment from Vetassess.

Hi there, Yep hopefully i will see you there in June, Its very frustrating as i started this in Sept 09 and didnt get my stage 1 results till November.

Vetassess keep changing the dates but now they have fianally producded the 2010 dates in june. Im From the south coast so its going to cost a shed load to get to accrington and stay there but its worth it.

What is your other half, plumbing and heating eng with ACS tickets etc.

Let us Know and when did you send off your stage one written details etc.

Good Luck Nick.

Guest nsc50

Hi

We did the first stage mid Feb online but then had to post over all documents so really it has not been very long. We heard it takes upto 8 wks to get a reply so it would be cutting it fine for June but we are hopeful.

My OH is a plumbing & heating engineer with ACS.

Nic & Tim

Got your message. you should be in time provided that they have not been fully booked for June.

It took ages for me to find someone who could answer my question was i a plumber or gasfitter as gasfitters can go down the TRA route and do not have to go Vetassess which costs a lot of time and money.

Seems that your OH is like most of us who have the ACS tickets but the OZZIES dont recognise them. Pain in the arse...

Keep us informed of who you are doing and hopefully i will see your OH in June

Guest JK2510

Hi,

When my other half was doing his vetasess in oct 2008. Hes an air con engineer. The kit he had to work on was old could do with an update. Also one of the vetasess examiner didnt know that my OH was doing the test correctly! My OH being the gobby one he is told him he was doing it right and he was wrong.

Stick to your guns. They may try and test your skills and knowledge that way.

My OH left there feeling he had failed! He was ok,he passed.

You will all be fine,well at that cost you wanna be!

Guest jak2503
Got your message. you should be in time provided that they have not been fully booked for June.

It took ages for me to find someone who could answer my question was i a plumber or gasfitter as gasfitters can go down the TRA route and do not have to go Vetassess which costs a lot of time and money.

Seems that your OH is like most of us who have the ACS tickets but the OZZIES dont recognise them. Pain in the arse...

Keep us informed of who you are doing and hopefully i will see your OH in June

hi what state are you heading for, once you get here qld will give you a gas licence straight away natural gas and lpg if you have it in the uk, head for the dept of mines and resources, sit a 4 hour lecture and they will let you have it. plumbing however is not the same, you will get a provisional licence and have to do a night course and this can take up to two years.

john

Thanks for that info John. We would like to go to QLZ but i think with the way the visa system with the modl list has gone we may go to WA.

Are you an ex plumbing and heating eng corgi reg from England.

I get many diferernt views on here, im like most plumbing and heating engineers GAS Safe Registered now( Formerly CORGI) but ive been told by many guys who were the same that AUS does not recognize our training so we have to go the route of the Vetassess general plumber.

I would love to have gone down the TRA route as it could have maybe svaed me at least £2000.

Any views mate..

Where are You in QLZ. is there much work around.

Thanks Nick

REPLY TO JK2510

Thanks for the advice, ive heard this about the assessors, just hope their in a good mood..

Its a shame that its in Accrington as i live on the south coast and it used to be in London.

Its funny as with our ACS training and your OH having to do his Tickets every 2/3/years that they should just accept that we are what we are.

But that would be nice. At least it sorts out the weed from the chaff, saying that i hope i pass..

Rock and Roll... Nick

Archived