Did you have to go in at custom to get your things?

Guest lindawob

Guest lindawob

Hi!

when you arrived in OZ did you have to go to the por and sign forthe custom to relive your stuff or did the removal cmpany jst did it all??

And is it true that at cust they OPEN everything?

I thought that the removal company came in, packed and that was it until it got to our house in Oz.. but my husband has been told that the custom opens and unpack everything and that we have to go in and repack the lot????and sign for it??

I am very confused as I was under the impression that we payed for a removal company for them to have all this hassle??

can u PLEASE give me some info please??? :eek::confused:

hi we had john masons in uk and they do a list of everything , we had one box opend with a plastic dog bed in ( heavy plastic and cleaned with jeys fluid , you know the big hard plastic ones) well thats why they opened it full stop dog hair on it ( there wasn't ) but they said we clean or bin it , so we let them bin it , anyway cut a long story short no you don't go to the port its delivered by the company they use this end , in our case grace removals who were fab , your choice to un pack or let them do it all in the price as well .

we did half and they did half and they sent someone a few days later to remove all the plastic and wrapping/boxes etc all in for the original price we ppaid in uk ( door to door) and you tick off your list this end . so i suppose yes they may open some if its got something they want to see inside .

Guest lindawob

Thanks.. I am very stressed at the moment trying to organize the lot with two young children!!

we are leaving UK in 3 weeks and staying in Italy for 2 months before OZ so I suppose I am worried that something goes wrong and we are not there..my hubby's family is there so I hope it works out!

Guest tony&dee
hi we had john masons in uk and they do a list of everything , we had one box opend with a plastic dog bed in ( heavy plastic and cleaned with jeys fluid , you know the big hard plastic ones) well thats why they opened it full stop dog hair on it ( there wasn't ) but they said we clean or bin it , so we let them bin it , anyway cut a long story short no you don't go to the port its delivered by the company they use this end , in our case grace removals who were fab , your choice to un pack or let them do it all in the price as well .

we did half and they did half and they sent someone a few days later to remove all the plastic and wrapping/boxes etc all in for the original price we ppaid in uk ( door to door) and you tick off your list this end . so i suppose yes they may open some if its got something they want to see inside .

Hi, did you have a half or full container and if you don't mind telling me how much you were charged. We have five companies coming in this week to give us quotes. Thanks Dee.

Thanks.. I am very stressed at the moment trying to organize the lot with two young children!!

we are leaving UK in 3 weeks and staying in Italy for 2 months before OZ so I suppose I am worried that something goes wrong and we are not there..my hubby's family is there so I hope it works out!

All the best , have a fab time in Italy sounds like a tonic at the end of all the hassle !

It depends whether you have paid for door to door or just to dock, if to the dock then you organise all customs clearance. What they open depends very much on what you tell them and the mood of the customs officer on the day, just like any job I guess.

Clearing it yourself isn't that hard but there is quite often loads of paperwork, as long as you have a comprehensive packing list it isn't too bad.

Archived