Shipping My L200

Guest jimlee43

Guest jimlee43

Hi, I'm planning on moving over later this year and want to ship my L200, can anyone advise how this process works and any hidden costs I can expect please. Am I liable for any import tax if its my vehicle?

any info helps!

Jim

Guest Hearne_Family
Hi, I'm planning on moving over later this year and want to ship my L200, can anyone advise how this process works and any hidden costs I can expect please. Am I liable for any import tax if its my vehicle?

any info helps!

Jim

Hi Jim,

I cant help with costs etc but the general feeling on importing cars is that its not really worth it, obviously I dont know your circumstances and if there is anything special about this vehicle but if its replacable look into the costs of buying when you get here - I believe the L200 is a Mitsubishi L200 Ute?

Guest jimlee43

Yeah thats right. I just see that the prices for cars in Oz are very high! Thought it might be worth taking mine over?

• 2 weeks later...

any info helps!

Jim

To be honest, your type of vehicle may just not be worth the shipping, the reason, while Mitsubishi is a minor player in the UK market, they are much bigger over there as are all japanese manufacturers, L200's will be a lot more common and therefore cheaper, and they won't have been through UK weather.

Import tax is 5% of the vehicles value as determined by an Australian valuation which if done properly is about 65-70% of the street value and it will have to be brought up to ADR's (Australian Design Rules) which should be fairly straight forward. The vehicle should be spotless, ie eat your dinner off the chassis spotless!

Have a look at these sites for values before you make any decisions.

Used Cars - New Cars - Search New & Used Cars For Sale - carsales.com.au

Used Cars & New Cars for Sale | Car Sales & Car Reviews - Drive.com.au

Used cars for sale, New cars, Used cars, Car Sales, Australia car dealers: Autoline

Archived