Cheap Return Flight back to the UK from Perth

Guest mentaloriental

Guest mentaloriental

hi I am looking to go back to the uk around may for a month long visit.

I am currently in Perth. Looking at the flights but they seem really expensive. Can anyone recommend an airline or cheap deals please?

Also is there a specific date that the flights get cheaper?

Thanks a bunch :biggrin:

Guest proud2beaussie

The period from May 1st to June 30 is classified as low shoulder for travel to the UK,whereabouts in the UK are you wanting to travel to and do you have any preference for airline?.

Cheers

Nigelinoz

Edited to add: For flights to London Heathrow I can get you on a Royal Brunei flight departing 28 April returning 28 May for $1566.88 or with Emirates departing 1 May returning 30 May for $1862.71.

Feel free to PM me if you want details or other quotes.

Guest mentaloriental

Thanks Nigel. A bit more investigating revealed that booking flights from the UK is much cheaper than booking from Oz. People here seem to get ripped off!

Think we are going to get a cheap flight to KL or Singapore stop for a couple of days (to stock up on goodies) and then book a seperate flight from there to the UK. Booking the return flight seperately using the UK websites (say using BA to perth) can be as low as 400 quid! The same flight in the other direction costs $1000!

Guest guest17301

1st May to 30th June? Thats good to know Nigel. To get cheap seats would you have to return before 30th June? We are thinking of a trip back to the UK next June.

I also need to book my Mum a flight from Manchester to Perth anytime from April to June this year, Singapore Air seems very expensive but she was hoping to come via Singpore as she's a nervous flyer and will be alone (she's been there before)

Also can I book her flights and pay for them in Aussie $ from here?

Thanks

Hi Fiona

We have just booked our validation flights with emirates for £580 return departing manchester 28th June and returning 25 July. we booked directly on emirates website. the cheap deals were all between 1st April - 30th June. Hope this helps

Donna x :cute:

Guest proud2beaussie

Hi Fiona,

The UK has different travel seasons to Australia,mainly because the seasons are reversed so if you are travelling from Australia to the UK in the middle of the year then that is the UK summer so it's high season whereas if you are coming from the UK to Australia the middle of the year is low shoulder/off peak.

Travelling to the UK from Australia between 1 May and 12 June is low shoulder,12 June to 30 June is high shoulder but still lower than peak,you would generally not see a great difference in fares for returning from the UK in the first week or so of July as the peak season doesn't really get going till the end of July and into August.

So you should still be able to get a good June deal if you book fairly soon,PM me if you want quotes.

As regards your mum I would suggest that it's probably cheaper to use a UK website to book her flights and pay for them in sterling using your credit card,some airlines ask to see the card used for payment at check in but if you tell them the reason why the passenger would not have the card they will waive this condition,I can assist with that as well if you wish.

Hope this helps

Cheers

N'oz

Archived