Should I re-think ?????

lynne1266

Makes a change from seeing it on telly and looking like paradise.

We landed in Melbourne september 2009 and the weather was typical british, drizzly and about 12 degrees. We drove through melbourne to get to highett where our short term rent was - that drive was the most depressing of my life suburban hell for miles (kms) on end wall to wall traffic (morning rush hour).

However there are also good points the suburbs do stretch because the buildings are low density with lots of parks, and you only have to drive about 30-40 minutes from cbd to be in the middle of beautiful scenery - the dandenongs etc. The beaches round the bay don't float my boat they looks too much like the north sea to me but beaches on the bass straits are stunningly beautiful

As for the weather we've just had 4 or 5 days of 30+ degrees which you do get sick of and welcome the cool change to bring it down to 20-25ish. So unless you're a masochist or part lizard the temperature here i think allows you to spend more time outdoors than the other areas that get hotter.

Guest GillianM

Lynne, it didn't even show much of Melbourne, and we wont be living in the city anyway. Terry and his family love it so it cant be that bad. Wait and hear what Marion says about it but i really dont think it will be that bad. I dont want it to be hot every single day it would drive me crazy, so Melbourne sound good to me.

Gillian

Archived