Help with understanding changes!!!

tfarrell

Im so sorry but In new to all this and am just in the process of gathering all my DHs information for the TRA. However with all this news of changes in the Skilled visa I really cant understand the implications. My story...

DH fully qualified carpenter / joiner. Working as this full time since he was 17.

I have a brother in Brisbane who will sponsor us.

What does new changes mean for me as I havent even applied yet.

Sorry if this sounds dumb.. Im just in a panic that we may never get there.

Im so sorry but In new to all this and am just in the process of gathering all my DHs information for the TRA. However with all this news of changes in the Skilled visa I really cant understand the implications. My story...

DH fully qualified carpenter / joiner. Working as this full time since he was 17.

I have a brother in Brisbane who will sponsor us.

What does new changes mean for me as I havent even applied yet.

Sorry if this sounds dumb.. Im just in a panic that we may never get there.

It isn't at all dumb, but it would be worth reading through the announcements.

For you, the first thing to note is that the MODL has been discontinued and as you have not yet applied it means you cannot get points for being in an occupation on the MODL. So you should check you still have enough points.

The other thing you need to be aware of is that the occupations list will be revised shortly and a new one will be announced at the end of April. I don't know if they would take Carpenter off, I wouldn't have thought so, but you never know do you.

My advice, keep reading and watching.

Thanks so much for that. So Im best to hold off and see if his trade is going to be on the new list? I would be devastated if it wasnt. Altho Im sure there are worse off people out there now with all these changes so I really shouldnt be moaning!! Cheers!

Archived