nEW ARRIVAL IN aDELAIDE

Guest si

I am due to start police recruitment at fort largs in april 2006.I am married with 6 children and wish to know what charges etc there will be to bring into Oz the money from my house sale in England.Also I will need to rent a property initially before I buy a new one and so need details of best prices and best valueI also need to know how accessible everything is and is it expensive to buy a car.If anyone reading this has contacts in these fields and experience I would like to speak to them.dO YOU KNOW BROCHURES MAGAZINES ETC FOR PRICES

Guest zibit_glass

how ya goin i can help ya with some real estste agents here are some urls for ya remember 42 pence to our dollar.....

anymore questions give me mail mwhittak@primus.com.au

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=sf&s=sa&t=res&snf=rbs

http://www.eldersrealestate.com.au/listing_search.php?sale_type=S

http://www.raywhite.com/

• 1 year later...
I am due to start police recruitment at fort largs in april 2006.I am married with 6 children and wish to know what charges etc there will be to bring into Oz the money from my house sale in England.Also I will need to rent a property initially before I buy a new one and so need details of best prices and best valueI also need to know how accessible everything is and is it expensive to buy a car.If anyone reading this has contacts in these fields and experience I would like to speak to them.dO YOU KNOW BROCHURES MAGAZINES ETC FOR PRICES

I am looking to apply for SA Police at their next recruitment. Would appreciate any tips you have, advice etc I'm currently a DS in the Met.

Very happy to have found someone else in the same boat. Hope to hear from you with as many tips as poss.

Caroline

Hiya im sure whatever money you enter the country with is tax free but any amounts over 10,000 should be declared at customs on arrival.Any money sent at a later date is subject to tax if it has been earnt in the uk i.e rental property,other income.Rental property prices vary from area to area so that depends on were your heading,some areas are having a shortage at the moment ,too many people not enough houses ,we visited every estate agent offering rentals for the area of our choice and applied for any that came through ,it took 4weeks to secure our present rental.Try and get a rental application filled in for when a house does become available ,i found it involved photocopying docs etc Overall we found new cars very similar priced to the uk but 2nd hand cars hold their value much more so do seem expensive in most cases.we went for the happy medium and bought one 12mth old so we still had manufactor warranty.Im no expert and these are things i picked up on along the way i hope they are of help

Cal x

Archived