ENS121 - Timeline

Guest ScottishSteve

Guest VickyMel
Got the job!!!:jiggy:

Going to go with the 457 route and continue the 176. Don't want to 'rock the boat'

Great news Steve congratulations!

I will also be following your progress with the Visas just in case I am successful with my interview (in another state) hopefully at the end of the month.

Good luck June - I hope they offer you a 121.

VickyMel

Guest ScottishSteve
Great news Steve congratulations!

I will also be following your progress with the Visas just in case I am successful with my interview (in another state) hopefully at the end of the month.

Good luck June - I hope they offer you a 121.

VickyMel

Thanks and good luck to you both. Good to know it's not just me:notworthy:

Guest Bill_er_Bong
I've got one big concern. Since the changes yesterday I need to know if I change my 176 visa to an ENS and then for some reason it doesn't go through and I have to go back to GSM, would I be subjected to the new 8-Feb10 rules. I think I prob would but can anyone confirm?

Steve,

I queired DIAC about this, as we had a 176 lodged early last year. The 23rd Sept changes hit us, so we lodged an employer sponsored visa (RSMS 119). Although it isn't an ENS, it is in the same category...

I was given conflicting advice from 3 different DIAC officers, but what I can work out from them is that...

1) - If you do the free swap from the 176 to the ENS, ie pay no extra charge, and your ENS is rejected for some reason, you will have no back up as the 176 application will cease to exist at the time the ENS is decided.

2) - If you pay an extra visa application fee for the ENS 121, you will in effect be buying insurance, as if the 121 is rejected for whatever reason, then your 176 will still be valid and running along in the background to be processed later.

So basically, your concern is valid. If you lodge the ENS for free and it gets rejected, you'd have to lodge a new 176 subject to the new rules of 8th Feb.

Hope this helps, cheers,

BB

Archived