advice please !!!

Ross 1982

can anyone tell me the best way to go about applying for a skilled visa 136 ,

i am a fully qualified car mechanic with 9 years experiance and myself my wife and our two little girls aged 8 an 4 want to moke to perth,

any advice would be appreciated

thanks ross

:jimlad: :idea:

Guest kdal

Hi Ross

You can either apply to do your skilled visa yourself or the alternative is to use an agent.

If you telephone an agent they do give you some free advice i.e. if your eligible etc..

If you go it alone and apply yourself there are lots of people on here that do help as don't forget you got to get your TRA sorted out too!!

There is alot of work to do, I have used an agent but loads of people don't use one and get the info from websites and from here.

Gd luck!

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hi Ross & family:laugh:

Have you had a look at www.immi.gov.au (official Australian Government website)? You'll find plenty of info on there, takes a bit of trawling through though.

As Kdal says, probably your first dilemma is: agent or no agent? Some peeps on here have done it themselves, whilst others pay agents to do it for them.

Good luck with it.

Rachel:spinny:

Guest kdal
thanks kdal,

at the risk of sounding a real numpty , what is a TRA ?

and if i want to do it by myself any ideas how i get the ball rolling ?

who do i contact ?

ross:confused: :unsure:

arrrr your not a real numpty!!

TRA is Trade Recognition of Australia

think Rachel has posted you an axcellent web address with gr8 info.

Basically it's like a skills assessment, you will need references from employers about your work and in detail what you do exactly right down to a tools list and thats every single tool (no matter how silly) that you use when doing your job.

Theres quite alot to do but i'm not sure being a Mechanic if your self employed or not.

Ones your TRA is accepted then you apply for the visa.

I'm sure you will get lots of help

Gd luck

Guest kazmatt

hi ross, i too am in the process of trying to obtain a skilled visa, it has taken me about 10 weeks to obtain all the info required and i use an agent, i think it must be a lot more difficult without, i think agents are worthwhile as i dont think they charge too much

Guest kdal

No problem Ross

If you don't mind me asking are you self employed or are you employed by someone? As might be able to give you abit more info if your self employed as there is alot to do

Guest scott 1979

Hey up pal

we had our visas granted 17th april I would advise that you use an agent as we did and it took alot of stress off our toes for the sake of about 2and half grand it was well worth it

We used Global visas and they were brilliant from start to finish http://www.globalvisas.com mine was a complicated case because i have a criminal record and we were treat brilliant by them and the agent did everything she could and pulled it off for us

GOOD LUCK SCOTT

Guest Rachel&Stu

Ross,

Not sure where you're headed, but Ford is one of the biggest employers apparently in Geelong, Victoria, about an hour's (I think?) drive from Melbourne.

Cheers,

Rachel :v_SPIN:

Guest kdal

Ross, Your TRA might be straight forward then. I think you have to have at least six years work experience as long as you have this you should be fine, especially if it's with the same people.

Don't forget if you decide not to use an agent make sure you get all your info together and check out that website that Rachel gave you. You have to get all your documents certified to say they are true before you send them.

I know more about self employed as my Oh is self employed but I would have thought if you were employed by someone it must be easier as you won't have to get the references from suppliers etc ....

gd luck

Hiya we came on hubbys trade of mechanic and other than the good info people have already given you i want to add just a little about the tra,it is very important that the finest of detail is used in your job descriptions,you need to list everything from when you learnt to use a spanner,to changing a timing belt,our agent also advised us to include details of wage rises given as skills developed and list and provide certificates of any courses attended,if you do seek help off an agent (we did) try Visa Bureau as they were fantastic ,,good luck

Cal x

Guest 8788jt

Hi Ross

We have just sent our 136 visa after successfully passing the TRA. Hubby is also a motor mechanic with renault and we are doing it ourselves, no agents.

If you do decide to go it alone, you're more than wlecome to pm me and I can send you examples of things that we sent through for you to look at. I have done that for a few people on here and hopefully it has been of some use.

We had some help from a mechanic friend that went over last year and probably would have struggled without it, his experience was a big help, he failed the first TRA attempt and got some feedback from TRA about what they were looking for.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide. Although it is a lot of work if you decide to go it alone, it's well worth it when you get your letter through the post saying you've been successful !!

Joanne

Guest kdal
hi kdal,

yeah i have nine years experiance with the same company , so hopefully that will help !

good luck 2 you 2 ,

where are you going?

ross

Looks like your going to be just fine!!

And i'd take that offer up that Joanne has given you, as things have to be worded just so.

We are hoping for Brisbane or Adelaide as have family in both parts, my Nan was in Perth but moved to Melbourne now to be near her daughter. Perth is supposed to be beautiful!

Gd luck

x

Guest kazmatt
thanks kazmat ,

if you dont mind me asking whick agency did you go with ? and what sort of price do they charge ?

hi ross sorry for late reply,we are with ambler collins, they charge £550 to get you through skills assessment and then £1500+vat for everything else but you still have to foot the bills for medicals, police checks, and application fees. if i get the visa it will be worth every penny.

Guest sneaky

I didnt use an agent, used a company called Liveinaustralia.com who for about £300, provided me with all the forms, and answered up to 3 questions per day.

Found it quite straight forward, and saved a load of money:idea:

Archived