Moving Back, Immigration, Work & Finances

Woofyhugger

Hi Guys.

I am a UK Citizen by birth (UK passport), and moving back to the UK soon permanently.

Will immigration ask me questions about having a job to come back to or having enough finances to tide me over till I find work? Or do they only worry about that with visa holders on holiday etc?

I was thinking because I am a Citizen by birth and have a UK Passport with right of abode, that it doesn't matter if I have a job or not, or whether or not I have a cent to my name.

Incidentally, I will have enough money to last 4 - 6 months of unemployment, though I am a nurse, so unemployment won't be an issue, and I have family to fall back on if need be.

I need to stop reading forums, I read certain things and then they get me questioning myself.

:err:

Cheers

Matt

Guest Guest31881
Hi Guys.

I am a UK Citizen by birth (UK passport), and moving back to the UK soon permanently.

Will immigration ask me questions about having a job to come back to or having enough finances to tide me over till I find work? Or do they only worry about that with visa holders on holiday etc?

I was thinking because I am a Citizen by birth and have a UK Passport with right of abode, that it doesn't matter if I have a job or not, or whether or not I have a cent to my name.

Incidentally, I will have enough money to last 4 - 6 months of unemployment, though I am a nurse, so unemployment won't be an issue, and I have family to fall back on if need be.

I need to stop reading forums, I read certain things and then they get me questioning myself.

:err:

Cheers

Matt

When you arrive in the Uk you will go through the UK & European citizen line, Just have your UK Passport ready to show, they will not ask you anything, they just want to see you have a British Passport. Its as simple as that.:notworthy:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
When you arrive in the Uk you will go through the UK & European citizen line, Just have your UK Passport ready to show, they will not ask you anything, they just want to see you have a British Passport. Its as simple as that.:notworthy:

Hi Srp

what happens if you are coming back and your British passports are out of date and you only have an Australian one, is that why some people re-apply for their brit passports as well as having an ozzy one.

jim:chatterbox:

Guest Guest31881
Hi Srp

what happens if you are coming back and your British passports are out of date and you only have an Australian one, is that why some people re-apply for their brit passports as well as having an ozzy one.

jim:chatterbox:

I beleive that the UK imigration will accept a UK passport that is up to 18months out of date if you are returning. (I think Nigel mentioned this in a post once). But of course it is always safer to have a current passport, just incase you have to return in an emergency. May save a lot of questions.

Archived