Ceramic Tiling??

Guest kazatthemadhouse

Guest kazatthemadhouse

Hi All,

We dont live in Oz, but would LOVE to and have passed an online test so am hoping to apply for a Visa soon, but what i wanted to know, is there much ceramic tiling work in Australia (any area)? This is my husbands trade and he has been doing it for over 20 years and would want to carry on if we moved.

Thanks.

Guest Scarletfever

Hiya. Welcome to PIO.

Dont know if youve looke here. This is the site that will say whether your skill is required. I had a quick look and it looks like your OH trade is required. Comes in under 4416-11

So......GET CRACKING!!!!!!:)

http://www.migration.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/skilled-occupations/occupations-in-demand.htm#oc

Dan[url=http://www.migration.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/skilled-occupations/occupations-in-demand.htm#oc][/url]

Guest austibeach

I have a friend who is a Tiler, he has been working in Perth for over 10 years, but has just moved up the coast to a place called Jurian Bay, because there is so much work there. You might want to try looking for employers in that area.

Eric.

Guest Scarletfever

Ooops, my apologies.............didn't read the post well enuff....:redface:

Well..............come on, it is Sunday!!!:twitcy:

Guest kazatthemadhouse

Hi Dan

Thanks for that.

I`m going to look right now...

Thanks again.

Karen

Guest kazatthemadhouse

I`m half asleep myself!!

It was usefull to double check though.

Cheers

Guest austibeach

I have just fired off an e-mail to my mate Kaz, asking if he has any contacts. I will let you know what he has to say.

Eric.

Guest michelle1

Hi all, We have recently lodged our visa application and meds are booked - hoping to be out in oz Jan 08 - My hubby also a ceramic tiler so watching this thread carefully!

Eric any chance you could also let me know what your friend says - we are hoping to head for WA but thought maybe south of Perth- maybe the Rockingham area?? any thoughts on this

any help or advice much appreciated

Cheers

Michelle

Hiya have you thought about the large pool companys? i know the big company around here is Barrier Reef and they are apparantly struggling for tilers to do pool surronds,a pommy guy here works for them and is unindated with work,,good luck

Cal x

Guest kazatthemadhouse

Hi Cal,

I wondered if that was one of our best bets too. Thanks for the info.

Best wishes

Karen

Archived