Is there any hope for qualified Gas Fitters?

Guest leebowen

Guest leebowen

Hi i am looking to move to Australia with my family under the skilled migration scheme. I am a qualified Gas Safe Registered Gas Engineer with also Commercial and LPG Qualifications. I am struggling to see any jobs available for gas fitters in Oz. Considering the job is listed as critical i am very suprised. Can anyone shed any light on this matter ?

Hi i am looking to move to Australia with my family under the skilled migration scheme. I am a qualified Gas Safe Registered Gas Engineer with also Commercial and LPG Qualifications. I am struggling to see any jobs available for gas fitters in Oz. Considering the job is listed as critical i am very suprised. Can anyone shed any light on this matter ?

There are jobs for gas fitters in Australia however they dont tend to be advertised. The majority of gas work is in Victoria however there is strong gas use for cooking and hot water in Adelaide Perth and Sydney. Gas in Qld is in its infancy but growing strongly especially LPG. You need to look into the licensing issues by State and how easy it will be for you to gain employment. I work in the industry but not as a gas fitter, a few ex BG people frequent this website and you might try looking up old threads for Plumbing and Gasfitting much has been answered before.

Archived