Any Transport Managers out there?

Ali&Paul

Are there any Transport Managers on the forum who can offer any advice?

I work as a transport manager for a car auction company and wondered if the role in Australia differs much from here in the UK? We are hoping to settle in or around Brisbane/Gold/Sunshine Coast or thereabouts.

Will I need to gain any Australian qualifications to carry out the job?

Are there many jobs available in this field? I currently hold a national CPC qualification.

I would appreciate any advice you can offer me,

Thanks, Paul.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sparky444

Paul,

I have similar back ground in transport from Scotland and have been here two months,not sure if you need a qualification like a cpc in Queensland none of the jobs I have applied for required it. I found it hard to get job interviews as most transport or operations jobs are looking for some one with local knowledge of the area. I have managed to get a position in a operations role on the Gold Coast.

Guest sparky444

Paul,

Had some rain all been warm ! Don't miss anything wish I had come over years ago. I have been back and forward to the Gold Coast for the last 10 years finally applied for a visa 3 years ago. Driving to work with a clear blue sky and the windows down beats getting up in the dark to go to work in Scotland. The jobs not the best but it is local to me and lets me pick up some contacts before moving on to the next thing.

All the best with your move !

Mark

Archived