Ielts

clan mac

:chatterbox:

Evening All

Have just received e mail saying my OH will have to sit IELTS and pass with a band score of 7.

I have a couple of questions for all you seasoned visa applicants.

What is involved in this IELTS test?

Is a band score of 7 difficult to achieve?

My OH and I are UK citizens and native fluent English speakers.

Sorry for my ignorance but this visa jargon is like learning another language, and we are visa virgins!! HELP :laugh:

Thanks

clan mac

:err:sorry terry and melanie did not receive link can you re-send please.

grateful thnx

clan mac

For a native English speaker IELTS is pretty easy, just make sure he does a practise exam or two so he knows the format of the exams, especially listening as nothing can be repeated.

Guest VickyMel
you're a star Freebo anyone ever told you that? many thanks for your help!

He certainly is! :wink:

Do a search on PIO there are several threads about the joys of IELTS and links to different sites - Mr Luvpants had a long thread going for a while.

Oh I found it - http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/64516-ielts-test-resources.html?highlight=IELTS

OH tells me that the practice really helped - get used to what they are asking and the timings of things.

If you are a UK passport holder I assume you have been asked for it re your occupation - or to get the extra points.

VickyMel

Hey,

Can I ask what is the occupation that's asking for a straight 7 is? Just wondering if we're gonna need to do one as well?? OH is Bricklayer and 176 visa is already in? Not sure as I only just realised (kindly from Freebo's post earlier today - thank you) that holding a UK pastport entitles us to a band score of 6 already? But I think trades need a 6.5 average?

What do we think?

My Hubby is a Constrution Project Manager, but he does not have a degree. He was a joiner time served and worked his way up through the ranks. I assume like you that the point of this would be to try to get us some extra points. Will try the freebie tests though.

Again I'm in your debt PIO friends grateful thanks

all at clan mac xx

Guest nevergiveup

hi,

nurses need 7 in all elements before we can reg with a nursing board.

its a bloody rip offfff and headache.

I will nevvvvver got to OZ

Archived