Anyone moving back in 2010 and worried about what they can afford?

lismith25

Were newbies, but love this website.

We have been here 6.5 years and have had a fab time. We have really made the most of all the opportunities Oz gave us. I spent the first couple of years really homesick but got on with life and we are now further than we would have been if we had stayed in the uk.

However and its a big however, we now have a daughter and another one due in 8weeks and last year we had our first home -holiday and absolutely loved it....and something just felt right. We didnt think it would but it planted a very definite seed and we are hoping to move back at the end of the year....moneydependent obviously.

The only problem I can see is the housing issue......I just cant get over house prices, rentals seem to be the same as over here but i cant justify moving the family from the whitsundays to a mid-terrace for the same price And believe me I am trying:err:

I am feeling the pull now more than ever but looking for reassurance, it will be the right move if we do it, family, scotch eggs, skips, monster munch, proper chinese take away(sorry :laugh:i am pregnant)

Cheers Lis

Guest siamsusie
Were newbies, but love this website.

We have been here 6.5 years and have had a fab time. We have really made the most of all the opportunities Oz gave us. I spent the first couple of years really homesick but got on with life and we are now further than we would have been if we had stayed in the uk.

However and its a big however, we now have a daughter and another one due in 8weeks and last year we had our first home -holiday and absolutely loved it....and something just felt right. We didnt think it would but it planted a very definite seed and we are hoping to move back at the end of the year....moneydependent obviously.

The only problem I can see is the housing issue......I just cant get over house prices, rentals seem to be the same as over here but i cant justify moving the family from the whitsundays to a mid-terrace for the same price And believe me I am trying

I am feeling the pull now more than ever but looking for reassurance, it will be the right move if we do it, family, scotch eggs, skips, monster munch, proper chinese take away(sorry i am pregnant)

Cheers Lis

I sense your cravings:laugh: and giggling about the Whitsundays to a terraced, but if you are unhappy here and would feel more settled in the Uk there are some gorgeous terraced houses:wink:... where are you thinking of moving to and what sort of price bracket?.... I am sure you will be inundated with replies once the UK lot are awakened from their slumbers love Susie x ps good luck with the baby xx

You need to consider what you value most. The big house in the Whit Sundays or the three bed terrace with all your family and friends around you in a place that you call home. Hard decision I know, we are materialistically better off over here, but I don't feel settled or happy and ultimately this will never be my home unfortunately because Australia is a fab country.

My friend has a fab terrace, three beds, two living areas with beautiful bay windows and open fires in a reasonable area. Depending where you want to live there are bargains to be had at the moment, but am sure that won't last long. Check out www.rightmove.co.uk to give you some idea of house prices in tha area you fancy.

Luv Mxxx :wideeyed:

I know you are both right.

My hubby and I are in a definite grey area at the moment and have a lot of questions to ask ourselves. The bottom line is we want to get out, but is it getting out of Airlie Beach or getting out of Australia?

I would be kidding myself if i said it was for family as i have no intention of going back to luton where my parents are or birkenhead, where hubbies family is. But would be nice for kids to see them more oftern than once a year and would be nice to talk to my mum at a reasonable time. Hubby misses football at a reasonable hour and I miss the cold, wet, miserable England even with all the crap:v_SPIN: And round and round we go.

We are thinking Chichester area, as we love the south coast, job wise I have just finished my teaching qualificaation and hubby is a sparky so we should be ok I hope.

Time to sit down and write the ultimate list.

Lis :eek:

Archived