Stamp Duty in Perth

Guest surfersi

Guest surfersi

Hi everyone

We have just arrived in Perth and thought you would be interested to know that stamp duty for first time buyers up to $500,000 has just been abolished.

Hope this helps

Guest Abi&Dan

Is that just in perth or generally in Oz?

Off to Vic but have heard bad things about v high stamp duty and general moving costs - so that could be very good news.

Thanks

Guest surfersi

Hi

As far as we know it’s just Perth. TBH, it was very expensive buying over here but has been worth it and we're only in our 3rd week.

We found that if you find a house you want to purchase quickly and its empty, the owners will often let you take prior possession until settlement which saves on costly rentals and moving costs.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Guest thepriceclan

Hi surfersi,

How has it been since you arrived? We come out to Perth on 1st October and can't wait. Hope you are having a fantastic time!

Sarah.

Guest surfersi

Hi Sarah

This is our 3rd week and we love it. We’ve already bought in Mindarie which is amazing. Close to the beach, marina and lots of amenities. Our pets arrived from quarantine at the weekend and our long awaited furniture arrives at Freemantle on Monday.

Weathers still good although cold at night!

Do you have work yet? There seems to be lots of employment opportunities here at the mo.

Let me knoe if you need any help/advice.

Guest thepriceclan

Hi Surfersi,

No job as yet but my OH is a Chef and thinks he will get something straight away. Hope all goes well with everything.

Sarah.

hi surfersi

myself my wife and my 2 little girls are looking to come to perth on a skilled visa or sponsership, i am 25 and a qualified car mechanic could you tell me if there is any demand for car mechanics there?

thankyou ross

:laugh: :v_SPIN:

Guest EM&M

My Friend has just purchased a property in Perth, they have been told that they must pay the stamp duty and then claim it back as apparently the bill hasnt been passed by congress and it will be July when that is done.

Em x

• 2 weeks later...

Archived