Does poor credit history prevent migration??

Guest Danni82

Guest Danni82

Hi All,

Im going crazy trying to find some answers to my questions, i recently went to oz on a working holiday visa where i meet my now fiance, im currently back in the uk due to my then visa expiring Jan 2010 so i have now applied for a prospective marriage visa (300) im currently gathering the required info (there is alot) :confused: However i noticed it states they can carry out external checks with any relevant agency including financial which im slightly worried about as i have a really poor credit history and existing debts including a home reposession early 2008 which are unpaid.

Im worried this may cause a problem for me to migrate and be with my fiance, does anyone have information on this?? i have no criminal convictions but dont want debt problems to be the reason i cannot move to be married now i have found the man i love!! :sad:

Please help!

Guest siamsusie
Hi All,

Im going crazy trying to find some answers to my questions, i recently went to oz on a working holiday visa where i meet my now fiance, im currently back in the uk due to my then visa expiring Jan 2010 so i have now applied for a prospective marriage visa (300) im currently gathering the required info (there is alot) :confused: However i noticed it states they can carry out external checks with any relevant agency including financial which im slightly worried about as i have a really poor credit history and existing debts including a home reposession early 2008 which are unpaid.

Im worried this may cause a problem for me to migrate and be with my fiance, does anyone have information on this?? i have no criminal convictions but dont want debt problems to be the reason i cannot move to be married now i have found the man i love!!

Please help!

Hi Danni,

I think you could be worrying unnecessarily there, I believe debt doesnt follow you.

Personally and I am no "moral guru" , but if you are leaving debt behind you why not seek professional advice vis a vis a debt councillor and instigate a plan so you can pay off your debts from Australia. The exchange rate would be in your favour as well. Unfortunately debt is passed onto the consumer in all instances which is unfair and nothing like going to bed with a clear conscience:notworthy: Best wishes on your forthcoming marriage

Susie:wubclub:

Guest Danni82

Hi,

Thank you for that, I am wanting to do that but dont know where to start as i had a really messy breakup with my ex boyf back in 2008 which is the reason for the home reposession and the debt to the lenders which came of it due to an undersale and dont really want him back in my life nor knowing about any plans i have for it, but as the house was a joint purchase we (apparantly) have o split the debt and pay it together was the last i was told, im worried if i contact the morg comp who dealt with it they will inform him etc and bring up old troubles, but would also like to know i can move to oz and enjoy my life with my fiance instead of worrying im going to be refused entry! not sure whats for the best?! :confused:

Guest siamsusie
Hi,

Thank you for that, I am wanting to do that but dont know where to start as i had a really messy breakup with my ex boyf back in 2008 which is the reason for the home reposession and the debt to the lenders which came of it due to an undersale and dont really want him back in my life nor knowing about any plans i have for it, but as the house was a joint purchase we (apparantly) have o split the debt and pay it together was the last i was told, im worried if i contact the morg comp who dealt with it they will inform him etc and bring up old troubles, but would also like to know i can move to oz and enjoy my life with my fiance instead of worrying im going to be refused entry! not sure whats for the best?! :confused:

Danni, the CAB probably would help you but if I were in your position I would approach the mortgage company and draw up a financial plan. I think they would hold you in high regard that you were facing your problems rather than running away from them, and they dont have to know your personal details, they would just be interested in a repayment plan.

I personally dont feel any of the above bears any relevence on your immigration status, but I would have thought responsible debt management stands you in good stead for the future. Running away from it is never a cure. Best wishes:wubclub: Susie

Archived